Chapter forty-eight

Chapter forty-eight
A

I struggle against the chains around my wrists that were currently holding my hands above my head

I struggle against the chains around my wrists that were currently holding my hands above my head. I could only listen to the sounds of Luna being tortured as I struggled more, desperate to help her, desperate to not feel so useless. I glance at Jasper, who was in the same state I was, he was looking at Luna being waterboarded by her guards.

"Leave her alone!" Derrick - Luna's right hand man and lover - called, tied up on the other side of me.

"What is wrong with you?" Luna asks, looking to the guard who held the A.L.I.E chip to her mouth.

"It's not him. It's the chip in his hand." Jasper informs them in a monotone voice.

"Stop." Luna struggles against the guard as he tries to force it into her mouth. I pull at the chains again, but it proves to be useless. I suddenly see a guard punch Jasper in the stomach as he flinches.

"Hey!" I shout, the guard turning to me. "Leave him the hell alone." I warn in a hard tone. The guard only stares at me for a moment before turning back to Jasper, holding the chip to his mouth but Jasper refuses, keeping his mouth shut. Another guard walks over in front of me as he holds the chip up and smirks.

"You can go to hell." I say, but the guard only smirks more. He begins hitting me, like the other guard is doing to Jasper. I still refuse to take the chip as guard suddenly stops. I watch him as he looks back to an empty part of the room. My eyes quickly scan to Luna as she was still being tortured but the guard turns back to me, this time looking at my hip - my sore hip to be exact. The guard reaches his hand out and presses against the tender spot on my hip, screams of pain immediately leaving my mouth. As my mouth was wide open, the guard took his chance to put the chip in, letting go of my sore hip. I close my mouth as I grunt in pain, glaring at the guard who stared straight back at me. I spit the chip at his face, hearing the sound of it hit the floor.

"Go to hell." I repeat. The process continues as the pain on my hip gets worse from the pressure of his hand, making me unable to take in anything else around me. The guard suddenly falls the ground as I look to my right and see Luna fighting the rest of the guards off. I now see that Derrick has taken the chip as he stands before Luna.

"Derrick, this isn't you." Luna tries to reason with him. "Please, Derrick, don't." She adds. Derrick lunges for her but she is quick to fight back and stab him in the chest, my mouth falling open as she falls to the floor with him.

"O, be careful!" I hear Bellamy's voice as the door behind me is slammed open. I see Octavia come into my view as she is quick to untie my wrists.

"Here, take her." She tells Bellamy as he comes into my view, quickly wrapping his arm around me as my hands immediately go to my hip.

"Are you okay?" Clarke and Bellamy ask at the same time as I look up at them briefly.

"Yeah, I will be." I tell them as Clarke nods and turns to Luna.