Chapter 23

| 10:48 pm |

| 10:48 pm |

Chris's POV

"Leon? What are you doing here?" I questioned him, while his was back facing me.

The dirty-blonde agent was wearing a black leather jacket, overlapping his blue v-neck t-shirt, a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a brown leather belt with a matching leg holster fastened around his right thigh, fingerless biker gloves, and a pair of black. Leon slowly turned around—walking over to where I was sitting to catch my breath. When he reached me, the agent held out his hand out.

"I came here to help, seeing that you guys got yourselves in quite the predicament," Leon responded, as I grabbed his hand. Helping me up off the ground.

"Good to see you too, Leon. Where's Levi?" I questioned the dirty-blonde, asking him about his son.

"I left him with Jill. She offered to look after him while I was gone."

"Wait— Aren't you supposed to be on a mission right now?" I inquired.

"Well... I still am Chris, but it's kinda complicated though— Anyway, we need to get going right now. I'll explain along the way." He handed me a couple full magazines for both my Nine-Oh-Nine pistol and my XM8 rifle.

I immediately reloaded my rifle, storing the rest of them away in some of my vest pouches. Before instantly moving on—proceeding deeper within the facility while my thoughts were elsewhere. I was starting to get worried about them. Laura and Tyler. Especially Laura. Right now, my main objective is to find them, and regrouping with Piers ASAP. So we can continue our search for Claire.

I'm starting to regret bringing them with us. But Laura just had to be as willing and stubborn as her own mother. I just didn't want to get them both involved in all of this, mainly since things have started to escalate pretty quickly.

"Leon, there's something I have to tell you—"

"It's about Claire's disappearance and Laura's existence, isn't it?" He abruptly cut me off, stopping in the middle of the hallway and glancing at me.

'How the hell does he know about Laura??? Does he know what happened to Claire and why we're here??'

"How do you know about Laura, Leon?"

"After hiding that fact for so long, Claire thought that I should be the first person to know. So she told me about Laura before she left last week."

***Flashback***

September 21th, 2015
| 7:42 pm |