Chapter 30 - Part 1

( Background Music ~ See What I've Become - Zack Hemsey )

| 11:58 pm |

Chris's POV

'Did Wesker just call Laura his daughter? No... That's impossible. There's no way in hell Wesker is my niece's biological father. If Laura was his daughter, then he and Claire... No! Claire would never! Unless...' My thoughts trailed off, as I glared up at him.

Everyone except for me had their guns raised—pointing them all at Wesker. Even Tyler did so. I carefully picked up Laura off the ground. Holding her delicately in my arms, with her blood from her wounds smearing and staining all over my bullet-proof vest in the process.

"Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to end this little family reunion of ours. No more time for games, Chris. Now, hand over my daughter or else I will take her by force," Wesker demanded.

"Daughter...?" I thought aloud.

"Oh, did Claire not tell you about our child? I expected that she would keep it a secret for all these years—especially from you. Her own brother–"

Claire fired her gun at him, only to dodge it at an inhuman speed. Wesker chuckled darkly at her.

"There's no point of hiding it for any longer Claire. Now that our little secret is out," He provoked her.

"Is it true Claire?" She shifted her gaze over at me. "Is Wesker biologically Laura's father???" I asked her, my tone slightly more brooding then usual.

Claire stared at me—looking for any signs of rage or disappointment apparent in my facial expression. She lowered her head steadily.

"Yes... It's true, all of it. Wesker is the father of my child." Claire answered with a guilty tone.

'It's all starting to make sense now... Laura's hair, her eyes, her abnormal height, her intellect. No wonder she looked so much like Wesker! Because she's biologically his child, his own daughter! Then that would make Laura Jake's little sister, his half-sister.' I thought.

Piers's and Tyler's jaw both drop in utter shock, while Leon on the other hand doesn't appear as surprised as the rest of us. A mountainous smirk curls onto Wesker's lips. Who's clearly enjoying our reaction to him exploiting my little sister's guilt. Shaming her in front of all of us.

There's still one thing I'm confused about. 'If Wesker truly wanted Laura, he would've taken her while she was just a baby, yet he didn't. He waited until Laura's sixteenth birthday to do so. Why?'

"Still," Wesker directed his gaze over at me. His smirk disappeared quickly, and replaced with a bleak and austere facial expression. "Even if Laura is your daughter, she's still my niece. It doesn't even change the fact that we still love and care about her—so there's no way in hell we're letting you have her. She's staying with us, whether you like or not. If you try to take Laura away from us, we will fight back, and we will protect her no matter what. We're family now, and we won't let anything stand in the way of hurting our family," I declared.