Chapter 28

| 11:26 pm |

| 11:26 pm |

Laura's POV

"Thank god, you're finally awake. We've got major issues." Ada helped me up off the cold tiled ground—handing me back my rifle and utility belt overloaded with all kinds of grenades and remote bombs. As I hang both my utility belt and the strap of my rifle over my shoulder, I notice the corpses of two Tricell operatives laying beside my feet. Blood pouring out of the bullet holes in their heads—seeping onto the ground.

"Setting difficulty to level 2. Opening cages: E4, E5, and E6." A female robotic monotone voice announced. 'That didn't sound good.'

I glanced all around the room—seeing Piers and Tyler leaning over one of the desks, as the younger brother of the two was typing away on one of the computers at the desk. All while I'm obviously oblivious to what they're doing, or what's going on. In the background, I hear intense gunfire along with the sounds of moans and groans coming from the testing room. 'What the hell is going on?!?'

"Here, come help me with this Laura!" Ada called out to me.

I redirected my gaze over to the doorway, seeing Ada trying to push a massive metal cabinet to block the doorway. Our only safe way out of here. But, that all changed when I started hearing several heavy foot steps coming from far down the hallway. So, I rushed over to Ada—helping her push the metal cabinet until we've completely blocked the doorway with it.

"Ada, what the hell is going on???" I asked her.

"It's complicated, but I'll simplify it for you," Ada started off, as we began walking over towards the large rectangular window. "While you were out unconscious, two Tricell agents found us, they alerted the rest of their team about our whereabouts, and attempted to abduct you while you were still unconscious. Luckily, Piers and Tyler killed both of them and saved your ass before they could even take you away. Meanwhile, your uncle Chris and a friend of his somehow got themselves inside the testing room. And when they did, the testing sequence was activated. Not only locking them inside, but also trapping them with a whole horde of infected." Both of us arrive at the large rectangular window.

I briskly looked through the window, seeing Chris killing multiple B.O.W.s at once. Using a pattern consisting of stabbing with the knife attached at the end of his weapon, striking either with his elbow or the butt of his rifle, then shooting them until they fall dead onto the floor. Sometimes, he'll mix it up a bit, to help improve the outcome of the situation.

 Sometimes, he'll mix it up a bit, to help improve the outcome of the situation