Chapter 29: The End

Down by the tree, our last time down by the tree. The day had come, graduation day, and Harry and I were spending what time we could in our favourite spot.  The graduation ceromony was to start at one o'clock, it was now eleven o'clock and we were counting down the hours.

Seventh Years had been given a choice, to leave after the ceromony with their parents or take the usual ride on the Hogwarts express. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I had chosen to go home with our parents as they had organised a party for us at the burrow. All our families were invited and it was going to be huge.

Harry and I were savouring our last moments at hogwarts by the tree. It's where everything happened. I was sitting in his lap, with my head in the crook of his neck. He was stroking my hair and placing gentle kisses on my neck. We sat there for at least another hour until Hermione and Ron disturbed the peace and told us to get changed into our robes.

I followed Hermione to my dorm this time, and we got changed into our school robes. As it neared one o'clock we headed down to the great hall meeting Ron and Harry on the way, they had been in Ron's dorm.

When we entered the entrance hall, Proffesor McGonagall was there waiting for us.

"Harry, Ginny. As you are Head Boy and Girl, I ask that you make a speech about the year. It doesn't have to be long, just short and sweet. Would that be okay?" Proffesor McGonagall questioned the two of us.

"Of Course, Proffesor. We would be happy to," I said speaking for the both of us. She nodded to us all then gestured us in side the Great Hall.

The hall was not set up as it usually was but with maybe ten rows of benches, one behind the other. The front two rows were set out for us students and they had our names on them. The four of us headed over and found all of our seats next to each other. We sat down and looked around to see if we could see our parents. Indeed they were there, Hermione's, Harry's and Ron and I's all sitting together in the sixth row. They had all become pretty good friends over the years as well. Dad was escpecially obsessed with Hermione's parents. Them being Muggles.

As the remaining parents and students filed in, Proffesor Dumbledore strode up to the podium ready to make his speech. Once everyone was settled, he began.

"Dear Students, and parents.
We are gathered here today, to commemorate the graduation of forty bright, young witches and wizards.
At the start of every year, I say to my collegues that this will be my last year I will witness. And well, it appears that I am always wrong. This year I had the pleasure as usual of picking our Head Boy and Girl. This year I chose the wonderful, Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley, and have I ever chosen a better pairing. Well that answer would be yes, but these two look exactly like them so who am I kidding."

Dumbledore winked to us, I turned around to see Harry's Mum blushing.

"Now, I bring great pleasure in bringing Mr Potter and Miss Weasley up to say a few words." Harry and I took each others hand and walked up to the podium briskly.

"We congratulate, our entire class. The class of 1997 and 1998." Harry began.

"Not only has this year been full of stresssing for NEWTS" I continued, "But this year has been full of many ups and heartfilled moments. Take me for example, if you had asked me at maybe the end of first year who I would have been dating. I would have punched you if you said Harry. But look at me now, Harry is the best thing that ever happened to me." Harry blushed, aww.

"Enough about that, " Harry laughed. "Again congratulations everyone, the year has been tough. But we got through it and thats all that matters. Now it would be our greatest pleasure to welcome My favourite proffesor 'Minnie' up to the podium to present our awards.

Harry and I sat down, and Proffesor McGonagall stepped up to the podium shaking her head although I'm pretty sure she was also trying to hide a smile.

"Thankyou for that fantastic little speech, Mr Potter and Miss Weasley. Now, when I call your name you will step forth and I will place the sorting hat on your head."

I looked to Harry and giggled. Who knew Proffesor McGonagall was a jokester.

"No, I'm just kidding but when I call your name, step up and I will hand you your certificate and NEWT result. Who's first? Ahh... Hannah Abbott, 4 NEWTS" Hannah walked up and recieved her certificate and stood behind the podium.

Next was Susan Bones, with also 4 NEWTS. She joined Hannah behind the podium. Multiple people went up then it was Hermione's name was called.

"Hermione Granger, 6 NEWTS." Everyone started clapping, Ron kissed her on the cheek and she went up to the join the others. More names were called and then it was Harry's.

"Harry Potter, 6 NEWTS" Like Hermione's everyone applauded. Finally we got the the bottom of the alphabet, who would be first. Ron or I.

"Ginny Weasley, 6 NEWTS"Everyone clapped as now accustomed and I joined everyone else behind the podium.

"Ron Weasley, 5 NEWTS" Ron looked disappointed, I don't know why he only took 5 classes. He passed everything.

The last few people were called up, a few last speeches were made but it was Dumbledores was truly the best.

"Another year, another group of students off into the greater wizarding world. I wish you all good luck, and 'May we meet again'" Everyone applauded and filed down to find their families. Our school years were officially over.

The four of us, ran out the oak doors hand in hand, we were free! We quickly disapperated to the burrow, where everything was waiting all set up.

Everyone was there. All my brothers, and their girlfriends. The marauders, Hermione's Parents, Harry's Parents and my Parents. It was truly the Potter, Weasley Granger clan.

We partied until 1 o'clock at night, drinking fire whiskey, playing games and talking about our futures. Who knew where we would end up in a few years, but all I wanted right now was to spend time with Harry. My Harry.

An epilogue to come!