Chapter - 25

Arshita

"What are you doing? " Piya asked me as I was wrapping a gift for him.

While returning from NY he said that he had gifted me many times already but had never been given any, even on his birthday. I remembered then  how he said that he will ask for it later so I reminded it to him to get the answer as "Still couldn't you have  gifted me anything for the sake of formality? "

" Can't you see, I am wrapping a gift? " I said.

" I can but for who? " She asked as she turned the gift to look what it was.

" For Him. My boss, Mr. Armaan Oberoi. " I said happily imagining his face when he opens it up.

" It seems to me like some book, no magazine or something. Let me see it." Piya showed her teeth as she opened the upper part to see the cover of the book.

She looked at it, then glanced at me, bored then slapped her head.

" A Book of Bad Jokes, pitiful puns, woeful wordplay and Ridiculous Riddles? Like seriously? You are Ridiculous if you ask me. " she  rolled her eyes as she sarcastically read the cover of the book.

" I am trying to hon his talent of cracking Pj's that's all. " I said, now doubting about it.

" You should gift something else dear not some fuxking joke book or if you are giving it, you ought have some standards! " She said as she began to surf the Internet.

" Look! This is it. " She showed me and I excitedly glanced at her phone.

What the hell ?!

What the hell ?!

" Oh yeah, the book of DIRTY JOKES?! Now are you serious?" I said to her.