Chapter 9--The Kind Demonic One-Eyed Cat

Harper

By the time Friday rolls around I'm completely exhausted. The week behind me had been filled with classes, studies, working/dancing, and figuring out how to help the studio. My schedule was so overcrowded during the week that Vincent ended up helping me study just so he could spend time with me. I didn't think juggling everything at once would be difficult as long as I spaced everything right. But man, it's hard.

I wake up with the sound of my dorm room door opening. Beth has an early class but she must have come back to grab something. She always forgets things. I peek over my shoulder, only to be surprised by my boyfriend. Vincent smiles up at me, holding a small flower in his hand.

"Hey Princess," He says as he walks towards the side of my bed. I settle myself to look over my bunk and smile as he nears me. "Beth let me in."

He hoists himself up so his chin is placed on my mattress. Giving me a grin he asks, "What are you up to today?"

I rub the sleep out of my eyes and feel Vincent place the flower behind my ear. I smile softly my voice hoarse from sleep, "I'm picking up some clothes from Penny at her sorority. Lo and I are supposed to sort through everything for this weekend."

"Logan is pretty cool by the way," Vincent moves away and starts to climb up the bunk bed until he's lying beside me.

He pulls the covers over our heads and nuzzles close to me. He closes his eyes and I stare at his face that is slightly tinted red because of my covers. Vincent has a great face. It wasn't always like this. Freshman year he had terrible acne and was still in that awkward braces phase. But during the summer, he took medication and his braces were removed. I swear, he came back to school looking like a god.

I'd like to say I was different than every other girl at our school, but I wasn't. There wasn't a single girl who didn't think Vincent was attractive. His looks definitely had me blushing at first but now they're just a bonus for what an amazing person he is to me. Besides, ever since that one summer, Vincent has only gone up.

"I'd kiss you right now," I say causing him to open one eye. "But I've got morning breath."

He smiles at me. Reaching up, he pinches his nose and says, "Kiss away Princess."

I can't help but laugh as I kiss him softly. The covers over our heads was something he and I used to do when I lived with him. It was the way he got me to open up to him. By putting the covers over us and saying, "This is our little bubble. Nothing leaves from here."

When he first did it, I thought it was a stupid idea. But now it's something we do. One of those stupid couple things that all couples seem to have. Ours is our cover bubble. Where we tell secrets or gossip or even admit our deepest fears. Whatever it may be, it's in our cover bubble.

I brush his hair away from his eyes and the corner of his lip rises. "Are you going to be able to make it to the market thing this weekend?" I ask softly.

He lets out a slow sigh and shakes his head, "I want to. But we've got an away game."

"Well you better kick ass," I say causing him to let out a laugh.

"We will," Vincent opens both is eyes and trains them on mine.

A small content smile starts to form on his lips. But it's not the way he's smiling at me that catches my attention. It's the way he's looking at me. It's the same look he had just before we started dating. The look he gave me when he first told me he loves me. The look at prom and the look whenever he'd come back from college to see me. It's that look.