The locked safe

My friend's father passed away unexpectedly. The night before the burial his family wondered if they should hire a locksmith to open the safe in his closet, as they knew he had some personal effects that he might want to be buried with. They ultimately decided not to.

The next morning when they got to the funeral home the mortician commented that something tripped the alarm the night before, but there was no signs of entry or any people around. When they went into the parlor to see him, both my friend and his mom immediately saw a red leather portfolio tucked in the arms of the deceased. They knew that was where he kept his special items, family pictures, love letters she had sent him when he was in Vietnam, baby pictures, etc. They also knew he kept it locked in the safe in his bedroom. The safe they knew was closed and locked the night before. The safe that was in the room where my friend's mom slept that night and wasn't disturbed. The safe that was wide open when they got home later that day. It wasn't broken into, someone who knew the combination had opened it and as far as they knew the only person who knew the combination was the deceased.

It freaked everyone out but ultimately they were fine because it meant he wanted to be buried with those memories.