Chapter Nineteen

Let's get into the chapter!

***

Chapter 19

Resting in front of me was an army green, two door, no top jeep wrangler!

I squealed, hugging Alex's lower torso out of excitement.
He sure knows how to make a girl feel better after a heck of a crappy week.

Any physical, and partial emotional, pain I had was instantly eliminated in that moment as we climbed into the vehicle.

"Are we going to drive this over the hills?" I inquired, already knowing the answer by his wide grin.

"Heck yeah!" He shouted, turning the key.

As we drove through the tall grass, my hair flew freely in the forceful wind fighting against us.

I couldn't wipe the smile from my face; I didn't even try to.

"Are you having fun?" Alex yelled through the wind.

"Duh!" I shouted back.

Eventually he pulled to a stop on the top of a hill.

"My turn." I smirked, pulling the handle on my door.

"What? No! You'll kill us!" He exclaimed, grabbing my wrist playfully.

My smirk widened into a full-blown grin as I yanked my arm away and pulled open the door.

I jogged around to the other side and opened the door, grabbed his arm, and pulled him out.

He mockingly pouted as he stumbled to the other side and slid in.

I turned the key and pressed down hard on the gas, shooting us forward, leaving a trail behind us in the grass.

"Lord help us!" Alex shouted, his voice cutting through the wind.

***

Alex led me into the diner that we had been to so often in the last couple of months.

I had been carrying around the burden of emotions all day, so just for then, I left them at the door as I followed Alex to a booth in the back of the diner.

We sat on opposite sides of the table, and pulled up our menus, scanning through the different items.

I don't know why we still do that, because we have most of the food items memorized.

After I found what I was getting, I set my menu down and looked up at Alex to find that he was already watching me.

"What?" I asked quizzically, folding my arms on the table.

He shook his head, looking down at his lap, "You're just beautiful, how could I not stare?"

I blushed at his words, a small smile creeping onto both of our faces.

"Thanks." I mumbled, looking back up at him.
He was grinning toothily, his eyes glimmering in the dimly lit building lights.

"You're not to bad yourself," I winked, and he laughed, smirking as he did so though.

"Well of course I'm hot, there's no doubt about it. You can admit that your own boyfriend is hot, come on, do it." He challenged.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Fine, but you have to say I'm the most gorgeous thing you have ever layed eyes on."

His smirk widened, "You, Violet, are the most gorgeous thing I have ever layed eyes on."

My eyes widened and my jaw slacked. Was it seriously that easy for him?

"Fine. My boyfriend his super hot." I admitted. I wasn't lying.

He grinned victoriously, leaning back in his seat.

"Jerk." I muttered, pulling my phone out of my pocket and scrolling through it.

"Come on, you can't possibly tell me there's something else you'd rather be doing than spending time with me," He pouted, and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Are you kidding me? I'd rather lick dog crap off the bottom of my shoe then spend time with you." I laughed. Okay, I was lying that time.

***

Ashton, Jake, and Noah met up with Alex and I at the mall.

"Why are we here again?" Jake queried, genuinely confused.

"I don't know, we just got bored." I stifled a laugh.

We walked aimlessly around the large building full of combined stores that had nothing to do with eachother.

"Oh! Sephora!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Can you please go in there with me Al? You kind of signed up for this when you asked me to be your girlfriend," I winked, and he groaned in response.

"Fine."

***

Sorry I took a little longer to update :'(

There obviously has to be some drama soon, because I mean, why not?

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow meeeee!

Love ya, byeeeee!