Girl's Night Out

Katara's POV

"Come on! You have to get off-campus. You've been in your room all day." Suki and Toph were trying to convince me to go out, but I didn't want to risk seeing him. When I said this, they just thought I meant Jet.

"I'm not feeling it, you guys." I said. Plus, there was the whole thing with Aang. I know he won't say anything, but he looked so hurt.

"I didn't take you as a girl to stay and wallow about some guy Sweetness." Toph interjected.

"Oh please, I couldn't care less about Jet." I countered.

"Then, I don't see the problem." Toph said. Damn, she's good. I'm staying in my room because of a guy! Screw Zuko, I kissed him, but I wasn't dating anyone when we kissed, I can't say the same for him because he had a girlfriend!

"You know what? You are completely right!" I said.

"That's the spirit! Let's grab Sokka and Aang-"

"No!" I quickly cut off Toph. I don't want Sokka asking a million questions why I broke up with Jet, and I extremely doubt Aang wants to hang out with me. "Um, why don't we just make this a girl's night?"

"Sounds good to me. The Jasmine Dragon is calling our name!" Suki exclaimed.

~~~*~~~

I'm happy they convinced me to come, and I had the perfect outfit. So both Jet and Zuko could see what they were missing.

 So both Jet and Zuko could see what they were missing

Shows just enough skin without looking trashy.

It was the three of us plus Yue, who stole from Sokka. We went straight for the dance floor, and I was beginning to relax finally. Soon we decided to get something to drink and went to the 'bar.' 

"Thanks for bringing me here, guys." I had to yell as Yue tried to get the 'bar' tender's attention. "I really-"

"Well, that's something I didn't think I'd see." Yue said. Turning my head, I saw something that just put a dent in my night. Zuko was fixing drinks for some girls in outfits that didn't leave much for the imagination.  Sluts were giggling away even if Zuko wasn't saying anything.

"The Prince is working? How did that happen?" Suki said as I stared at Zuko. All I could focus on were the girls. He kept talking to this one girl that I don't think I've met. She wasn't one of the sluts but was talking to him longer than necessary to order a drink.

"Whatever happened, his girlfriend might not like all those girls flirting with him." Toph said. I know that one first hand.

"Oh, didn't you hear? They broke up." My head snapped in Yue's direction.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think like two days ago?" She answered. The day that we kissed.

"Um, does anyone know why?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't want it to be because of me. 

"No, but everyone is talking about it. Now that the Prince is single, a lot of girls are trying to be the next girlfriend. He may be a jerk, but it could be very beneficial to dating him." Yue answered.

"Not to mention, he has a pretty nice six-pack going on." Suki laughed.

"I know that's the truth." I spoke without realizing it. Suki and Yue looked at me in shock while Toph had a smile on her face.

"Looks like someone is ready to get back into the dating world." Toph replied. I wasn't sure how I felt about that, but honestly, a part is feeling somewhat excited. We're both single. Though he was getting on my nerves, he hadn't even looked in our direction and was still talking to that one girl. I don't think she goes to the academy though she looked familiar.

"If that's the case, you might wanna hurry. It looks like Jin is moving in." Suki said with a smirk.

"You know her?" I tried to make my voice sound all non-chalet, but I needed to know.

"Yeah, she works at the tea shop. Mostly during the day." Well, I guess that explains why he's talking mostly to her. But I don't like how close they're getting. Jet used the same tactic on me. It is pretending the music's too loud, so you need to get in closer. The sucky part is that it's true.

"Well, I need a drink, so somebody get his attention." Toph interjected. All the girls looked at me.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, even though I knew.

"Oh come on, Katara, you know that it's you that always gets their attention. Even if its a girl." Yue said causing Suki to laugh and Toph to nod her head.

"And that outfit isn't hurting your chances, either." Suki laughed. I was stuck. I couldn't fight it cause they'd know something's up. The main issue was I didn't want to talk to Zuko, let alone be the one to start the conversation.

"Maybe I could help." A deep voice said behind me, causing me to turn around and smile. The spirits must be smiling down on me.

Hey peoples!! Again a longer wait than I wanted, but my life is hella crazy right now. Don't worry; I will always find time for you! 

So who do you guys think (or want to be) talking to Katara? And then there is Zuko talking to a bunch of girls, not to mention paying extra attention to Jin. I loved how awkward Zuko was on their date that I had to bring her into this.

Let me know what you think by hitting that little star or leaving a comment.

Don't forget to smile at least once a day :)