in my arms || jimin

[ requested ]

[ requested ]

A/N ; i cant think much about brotherly love but hey jimin as a brother makes my heart swell (◡‿◡✿)

summary : confessions don't always go right. you were abruptly rejected by jungkook after conveying your love for him. feeling downhearted, you had no one else to vent your emotions to but your dearest brother, jimin.

genre : fluff && lots of care and love ~(ω◡✿) // drabble

word count : 1,400

-------

"[Y/N]?" A familiar honey-like voice called you. You nervously turned to look at him, flashing a smile. "Hey, why'd you tell me to come here?" He asked.

This was it. You wanted to tell Jungkook everything. You thought you were just developing a mere infatuation, but years passed and you still can't help but fall in love with him more and more.

Jungkook and you were bestfriends since middle school. He's your other half, but you wished he could be more than just a bestfriend to you. You were ready to confess your true feelings for him, in hopes that he feels the same and would accept your love. So you'd tell him to meet you after college at the rooftop, where no one really visits.

You walked towards him with your moistened palms balled into a fist at your sides. "Hey, Jungkook," you said, almost inaudibly as you sucked in a shaky breath.

"Are you alright?" He asked as his beautiful, sparkly eyes looked down into yours.

"I need to tell you something," You clenched your fists tighter as you tried your very best not to break your eye contact with him. Jungkook continued listening to you, never looking away once.

"I just wanna tell you that, you've been a really great bestfriend. You know me really well, and you're an amazing companion to be with. And, I think I don't want to have you just as a bestfriend..." You trailed off, almost regretting your decision but you were already halfway through the confession.

"... I like you."

Jungkook parted his lips in a silent gasp, before he looked elsewhere. You gave a faint smile, but your heart immediately dropped when you realised he didn't return the smile. Instead, he looked guilty.

"God, uh- I'm sorry," You shut your eyes close and sighed, wishing he'd disappear instantly but he still stood there before you, unmoving.

It all must've been too sudden.

"No, it's alright," Jungkook grabbed your hand and held it in his. "Look, I really do love you, and you know that. You've been a great bestfriend for me too. But, [Y/N], I've never felt that way towards you. I'm so sorry, but please don't hate me for this."