paper heart || jungkook

summary : you and jungkook had been quite distant for awhile, resultantly leading both of you to a big quarrel and mindless blustering. the war ended harshly with a break up. will you and your fragile heart be able to get over him?

genre : angst (?) this is so lame im sorrY shshshhfsjk

word count : 1,959

———

"I don't get it. Why can't you just tell me the truth?"

"I'm already telling you the truth!" Jungkook raised his voice at you.

"She doesn't look like a friend to me. Why would she have her hands all over you if she's just a friend?" You debated, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I can't just abruptly shove her away, that's plain rude. Besides, she's a friend and I don't wish to hurt her, okay?!" Jungkook started getting frustrated, huffing a heavy sigh.

There was a loud silence in the living room. You were staring back at Jungkook who was sitting across you on the other couch. The intense atmosphere made you feel like running off elsewhere to release some stress, but you thought it was better to settle things right then and there.

Little did you know, it only lead to the worse.

It hadn't been a good afternoon. In fact, the past few days hadn't been too great between you and your boyfriend.

You and Jungkook barely talked. When you're free, he's busy and when he has plenty of time, you're always caught up with something. You both got quite distant after awhile.

It was slowly killing you because he started forgetting to kiss you before he leaves for work, he stopped giving you backhugs as you prepared dinner and he no longer said any cheesy pick up lines to you anymore.

You craved for his love, but he never really realised it. You started to wonder, whether he still loves you as much as you do and you always thought that he had someone else to pour out his love to.

One day, you took a day off work to fetch Jungkook after his dance practice. You thought it would be great to bring him out for dinner as it had been a long time since you both ate out together.

Unfortunately, you caught sight of a female dancer, walking out of the building with Jungkook and she was laughing at whatever joke he made while flirtatiously hitting his shoulder, repeatedly. What made you even more displeased was that Jungkook looked as if he was pretty comfortable with her. That night, you ended up making your way home alone, cancelling the reservation you made at a restaurant.

You decided to confront him about the matter on that particular afternoon, but he doesn't seem to be in a good mood, neither were you. Your thoughts were all over as you sat and stared at him, and you were even wondering what was he thinking about.

"Why are you so sensitive at times?" He suddenly spoke, almost whispering in a rather harsh tone.

"Excuse me?"

"Look at you. You overthink, way too much," he retorted.

"So do you want me to not care, or think about you?" You quirked an eyebrow. "Then, why not we just end the relationship here since there's no point of it?"

You saw Jungkook's eyes widen for a split second, but his ego got the best of him. "Well, let's break up."

Your heart instantly sank to your stomach when you heard those words slip out of his mouth. You scanned his face, hoping he'd change his mind in a second, but there wasn't even a sign of hesitation on his expressions.