Part 1

A B A L O N

"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to me as she kissed my forehead.

I sighed dreamily. I can't wait till I find my mate. He'll be perfect and handsome and funny and smart and brave and beautiful and he'll love me... only ever me... and... and...

Present

This hurts so much. Seeing and hearing and knowing my mate, the one who's supposed to love me above all, me, only me is in love with somebody else.

I'd hate him if I could.

I'd reject him if I could... I wish I could.

"Hop on, I'll give you a piggy back." Javier says bending slightly for Ivan to get on his back.

I glare at them. My feet are fucking killing me too! Shouldn't you be toting me around like a fucking princess!

Off course I don't voice these thoughts, hell I'd be crazy to since Ivan is our Luna or second Alpha as he prefers and Javier, my mate is our Beta.

Ivan is mated to Tyke our Alpha. The only reason Javier is fawning all over Ivan is because Tyke isn't here to do it and I hate it!

Slowing my pace a little I end up slagging behind everybody else and glower at the forest floor.

We are on our way to the Elders' Council Palace and it's a good ten mile hike and since the way there is inaccessible by any form of motor transportation, foot it is.

We make it before dark and all ten of us are assigned to rooms to get cleaned up for dinner and discussions. Ivan wants to propose that Javier's younger cousin Yanamarie and her mate Jarell leave our town and venture into the city to study medicine and weaponry since it will benefit us greatly now that hunters are attacking with strange poisons and weaponries.

We are werewolves, seemingly one of the last four packs that we know of that are alive and kicking. Hunters have dwindled our numbers down to near extinct and we have seen that most wolves, when they are of age to find a potential mate, they are being paired with gifted humans.

I would have much rather a gifted human than this callous jackass.

I sigh as the warm water washes away the sweat and soreness of my body when Javier knocks on the shower glass.

"Yes Javier?" I call.

"I'll be getting dressed in Luna's room and escorting him to the dinner table." he says and before I can answer he is gone and my chest hurts more than anything ever could.

Why can't he escort me to dinner?

Why can't he love me like he does Ivan?

I shudder at the waste of thought; he'd never do those things for me. Getting myself under the façade of being happy I tilt my lips up at the reflection in the mirror. This smile should fool them right? Can you fool yourself?

Dinner was nice with subtle conversations until it is time for the serious discussions to begin. All the low ranking wolves were sent back to their rooms leaving only Javier, Ivan and I present for the talks to come.

"Speak Luna." Alaric, the head of the Council says after the servants had cleared away the table.

"Thank you Elder. I would like to propose that Healer Yanamarie, cousin of Beta Javier be sent into the human world for three years to learn about their advancements in medicine together with her mate Jarell who will study the humans' weaponry also. I believe it will benefit us all greatly if we understand and familiarize ourselves with the progress the human hunters have made in perfecting their techniques of the capture and murder of our kind." Ivan says looking at each of the five Elders for a few moments.

Silence engulfs us as the Elders thought over Ivan's words before Head Councilor Alaric spoke.

"It seems as though what you have said have virtue Luna. We will grant your request but as you have stated three years and no more." Elder Alaric waits till Ivan nods his agreement.

"Good. You may rest this night and return back to your territory in the morning. The elders and I will be joining the Alphas for their conference so we will not be in your company. We bid you all a good night and safe journey back home." Elder Alaric says and stood leaving us followed by the other four Elders.

As soon as they leave Luna is squealing like a pig and my mate looks upon him as if the sun shines from his ass.

I bet you he isn't even aware of me slipping out the room.

A/N

Thanks for all the support!

Share, vote and comment!

Cheers!

DanielleWilson89

KaySetonks

Cipher90

LLAP115

vhenke

SuzettePeters