S I X

~30 Minutes~
~day 11~
C H E Y E N N E

Over the past few days, work has been something that had been something that I had little to no interest in. After I had managed to get Jessica and Cassidy fired, my nights had been less exciting as I had initially anticipated. The next day, I waited for Joker to come see me in the VIP area, but he never showed. In fact, he never even came to the club. The guards that were there that night refused to give me any explanation, but I wasn't surprised by that.

What bothered me was the next day, when he hadn't even glanced in my direction. He went straight into his private lounge and didn't come out once while I was there. He actually waited until I left to leave himself. I couldn't believe him. It was just a few days ago that he couldn't keep his hands to himself and now it's like he didn't even know I existed. I pretended like it didn't even phase me. I promptly stopped looking forward to seeing him as soon as I caught wind of what was happening.

I was wreaking havoc on his perfect little life. First, it was his menage a trois that I broke down piece by piece and little did he know, eventually it would be him. I lie back on my mattress, staring at the brown spots on my apartment ceiling. Hopefully, I hadn't scared him off too much. I couldn't afford to have to start all the way from the beginning or come up with a different approach. I didn't have the time.

Suddenly, there's a knock on my front door. I furrow my eyebrows, sitting up and staring at the door. Like I had said before, no one could find me unless they were especially determined. As far as I could recall, I didn't owe anybody anything. Who was here?

I stand, slowly walking toward the door, making sure to step lightly so the floorboards wouldn't creak. Another round of knocks come as I near the door.

"I can still hear you," I hear a familiar voice call through the door. My body relaxes and I roll my eyes, walking toward the door at a normal pace. Opening the door, I look up at Bruce who was giving me a small smile. "You need to work on your footwork."

"My footwork is fine." I sigh, knowing that I've lost a bit of skill. I haven't done much work lately, though, and I haven't had time to practice between Joker and the club. "What are you doing here?"

I watch as he comes into my apartment and looks around. "I still have 2 and a half months left."

"I know, Cheyenne." He nods, opening my refrigerator, finding nothing but a couple of take-out cartons and some water bottles. I roll my eyes, knowing for a fact that he wasn't here to just hang out. It bothers me that he wasn't holding me under a threat and things were good and well.

"Come on, dad." I sigh, glancing at the time on my phone. I was late to work, but I'm sure Joker would care much. He probably wouldn't even notice. I walk over to him, standing with him near my fridge. He closes the door and looks down at me. "I have stuff to do. Missions to complete. What do you want?"

He sighs, tilting his head. "I want you to get a new, better place, Cheyenne."

I chuckle at him, looking around the apartment. I knew he wasn't here for anything. "You put me in here in the first place."

"Yes," he says slowly, watching as I walk away from him and plop down on my mattress. "But now, I'm asking you get a better place."

I shake my head, confused as to why he was suddenly so interested in my living quarters. Judging by the apartment I'm living in right now, he obviously didn't initially. I was happy with where I was living. "Why now all of a sudden?"

"Well," he starts. Something was obviously on his mind and I could see the dilemma he was going through in his mind all over his face. He ends up just coming out with it. "I'm gonna need you to hold Joker with you for a little while."