T W E N T Y E I G H T

~ Sleepwalking ~
~ day 52 ~
• C H E Y E N N E •

For the first time in a while, I'm startled awake in the middle of the night. For a moment, I think the nightmares have come back, triggered by my blackout at the club, but my heart isn't beating out of my chest, I'm not covered in sweat, and I actually feel quite relaxed despite being jerked out of my sleep.

Again, I flinch at the same sound that I'm assuming woke me up. A loud crash comes from Joker's room and I lie back on my pillow, glancing at the clock on my bedside table. It read 4:56 am. I sigh, rolling over and closing my eyes, deciding to ignore it. It was probably just him being himself.

After, 5 to 10 minutes, I finally begin drifting back to sleep and I snuggle into the pillows when I hear him screaming. I roll back over and furrow my eyebrows, listening to him and trying to figure out what he was screaming. It was repetitive, the same word over and over and over again. No.

I throw off the comforter and rush to my feet, worry growing in me. He's never screamed like this before. He sounded insanely pained and I didn't know why. My mind was racing at the possibilities, ranging from it being Bruce to even Damon.

Speed walking to his room, I unlock the door and stick half of my body in, looking all over the room. He wasn't lying or even sitting in his bed. I step into the room a little further, examine the room further. I finally find him crouched in the corner of the room, his shoulders rising and falling rapidly.

"Joker?" I say quietly, genuinely confused about what was going on. He doesn't turn to me or even acknowledge me like he normally would, which concerns me. I walk all the way into the room, gently closing the door behind me. Before I can take a step closer to him, he stands abruptly at the click of the door shutting and begins to pace the entire room quite quickly. As he paces toward me, I notice the look on his face is completely blank and he's muttering under his breath. The closer he got, I caught some of the phrases that he was muttering.

"Harley..."

"Desire..."

"Surrender..."

"Power..."

"Promise?"

"Say it!"

Becoming more and more worried about him, I reach for his wrist as he passes me, grabbing it firmly but gently. My voice is calm and quiet as I speak to him. "J?"

Suddenly, I pressed up against the door and Joker's stare is so passionate and angry, I'm almost petrified of him, but I just take a deep breath and hold onto his wrist as he talks to me in a low, raspy voice. "You erased everything. I don't remember anything!"

His body relaxes, but I don't dare move, too scared that he might hurt me in his sleep. After a minute or so, I think it may be over until his gaze snaps back up to meet mine and he slams his fists on the door next to my head. "What few faded memories I have!"

"I won't let this one get away," he mutters, his voice raspy from screaming. I press my back against the door, but move my hands to put them on his shoulders gently.

Once again, his gaze drops and all I can do is hope that it's over. "J, please wake up."

After a few moments of no response and light snoring, I bring my hands to his face, making him look up at me. It was so weird to see him sleeping with his eyes open, but I had to shake the eery feeling. His eyes lift to meet mine and they finally seem to fill with some sort of life.

"Princess," he says, his voice exhausted but happy. He yawns, taking my hands and pulling me to him, wrapping his arm around me tight. "Why're you in here?"

"You were sleepwalking," I tell him, looking up at him. "Well, you were doing more screaming than walking."

He lets me go abruptly, backing away from me and his eyes turn dark for a moment. "Screaming?"

"Y-Yeah," I stutter, playing with my fingers. He turns away from me, running his hands through his hair. "You had me pressed against the door and were saying something about how I erased everything. The few memories you had."

He moves closer to me, cupping my face in his hand and giving me little pecks. "I wasn't talking to you, Princess," he says, his tone promising. "It's from past things. I have nightmares occasionally. You know how it is."

I nod, letting him press his forehead against mine. I remain quiet, not sure of what to say. I know he mentioned that he had nightmares from the trauma of his past, but I never knew they could get that bad. It made me wonder just how bad mine could be from the perspective of someone who may be watching.

His hands begin to wander and I move to look up at him again, watching as he took a step back and took in my sleepwear. He purrs happily as he gently lifts up my shirt and runs his hands over my skin before leaning down to kiss me gently.

"Did I wake you?" He hums, rubbing my waist gently.

"Yes," I nod, tilting my head as I look up at him. I have to fight the urge to close my eyes and fall asleep as he rubs my waist gently with his calloused, yet soft fingers. "But it's fine."

I could barely finish my sentence before he leans back down and begins to kiss me again. His kisses were soft, but assertive, which was making it hard for me to resist. I needed to though. I already screwed things up with Selina. No doubt, she got home by now and told Bruce. I didn't need to add to the damage.

"Joker, we can't," I sigh, but of course he ignores me. When does he ever listen to me? He kisses my cheek and my jawline before attaching his lips to my necks. I take a deep breath as he gives me more hickeys (as if I didn't already have enough to cover up) and his hides slide down to my butt, squeezing a couple times before giving it a slap that elicits a gasp. He chuckles at my reaction. "Joker, I'm serious-"

"Doll, I know, I know," he whispers before covering my mouth like he had the day he got out of his room. "I know you want it. Our days are numbered, especially after tonight, even if you agree to come with me."

I roll my eyes as he moves his hand and continues to kiss my neck. I give him an almost inaudible moan in response, succumbing to his convincing tactics and he knew it. He picks me up and I instinctively wrap my legs around his waist. I could feel his boner through his sweatpants and that for sure didn't make it any easy. He presses his lips against mine as he carries me to his bed effortlessly. I was so focused on his tongue in my mouth that I didn't notice that I was under him on his bed and his hands began to wander into dangerous territory.

"J-" I start, but I quickly realize that I'd slipped up and called him J. He growls and throws his head back before giving me a satisfied grin.

"I love how that sounds coming from your mouth," he says, running his thumb over my bottom lip before lifting my shirt to expose the purple underwear I was wearing. "Purple lace? Oooh, you're doing this to me on purpose now, Princess."

"Joker, we have to stop," I remind him, attempting to scoot away from him, but his grasp my hips, pulling me back in place. He ducks his head, setting it between my thighs, giving them playful nips and small kisses. He was making this harder and harder.

"And no bra?" He gasps as he slides his hands up under my shirt. I gulp, pressing my head back against his pillow. How did I let myself get caught up in this? This is exactly how and why Selina caught us, besides the fact that she broke into my apartment. I sit up, moving his hands and move towards the head of the bed.

"I'm not doing any of this on "purpose". I rushed in here to see what was wrong. Joker, until I make my decision until I figure out what happens next after what happened tonight, we can't mess around." I say, watching as he props himself up on his knees, squinting down at me. Despite him being on the opposite end of the bed, I could clearly see his boner pitching a tent in his pants, making it hard not to look at it, but I managed to look at his aggravation-coated face. "No matter how bad either of us wants to."

dubble update bc issa short-ish chapter
i am aware the day is the same
as the last chapter
dat was intentional
cause this is what happened after
they both went to bed/shleep
this is kind of a lil fluffy filler
for you guys to enjoy
{i seriously contemplated deleting
this chapter in tbh}