Chapter 18...

I woke up to air being blown against my neck and something hard poking my back. A single arm wrapped around my middle, the hand tucked under me to make sure I was pressed firmly into the warm body behind me.

It took me a split second to remember where I was and who I was with. Feeling Brock against me let me know I didn't dream last night up. Knowing that I didn't dream it all made my insides glow.

Last night was...incredible. Everything about it was great. I have never felt so beautiful, loved, wanted. Nothing was said between Brock and I yet it felt like we had a deep conversation. It was like the two of us had reconnected in the best way possible.

I had no clue what time it was but I knew I didn't want to get up. Closing my eyes I snuggled back into Brock once more. It was the first time in a long, long time since I felt so safe. Wrapped in his arms like this I felt like nothing could touch me.

Things were moving a little fast but Brock and I had history. Our history was kind of complicated but just being around him made me comfortable, felt right. In just a matter of two days I could feel myself once again falling for this man. It was crazy how fast we could fall back into one another.

Behind me I felt Brock shift and his arm tighten just a bit more. I smiled loving how tight he was holding me. A minute later I felt him place a kiss to the side of my neck.

"If that is how you will get me up I won't ever complain." I commented.

"Noted." Brock's voice was thick with sleep. I let him kiss my neck one more time before I wiggled in his hold trying to get his arm looser. When he let me go I turned around so I was now facing him, my upper half on top of his.

"Morning." I whispered.

"Good morning." The smile he flashed me warmed my entire room.

Our faces were inches away from one another. Without thinking I brought one of my hands up and softly traced his jaw. His blue eyes were hooded and watching me intently as I let my fingers wander. Seeing his face this close to mine I could see just how handsome he really was.

Brock did have the all american look but when you got this close you could see the little bit of flaws that made him even more handsome. His nose was slightly crooked from having been broken by a few baseballs. He had a few little scars on his face, some new to me. One of his eyebrows had a bald spot from an old scar he got when he was younger.

To me his little imperfections made him cuter. Moving my hand from his face I next stopped on the large scar on his right shoulder. I had noticed it before but was too busy to pay attention to it.

"Is this from your surgery?" The scar was pretty big but you could tell a good surgeon did it for it wasn't that thick looking.

"Yeah." With my index finger I softly traced it.

"It still hurts doesn't it." It wasn't really a question. I've seen him wince every now and then. When he didn't answer I looked at his face. "How did you hurt it?" I knew it wasn't uncommon for a pitcher to throw their arm out.

"It was the last game in the World Series." My eyebrows raised at that. I had actually watched that game. At first I wasn't going to but when everyone was buzzing about the team leading and the final game I ended up watching it with Lucas. It was an incredible game to watch and Brock did amazing.

"They brought me in at the 5th inning and I felt great. I was throwing pitch after pitch and I felt a pinch in my shoulder. I shrugged it off because we needed to win. Everyone was counting on me. I told the coach I was fine but I wasn't, i thought I could just keep going. It wasn't until after the game I realized I had torn a ligaent in it."

Rekindled LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara