Chapter [1.4] The Engagement

Unedited: Feel free to point out the mistakes.

Word Count:786

3rd person's POV:

In about 45 minutes Rose found herself rushing to hospital. Her tears did not stop for once.
After an hour or so when she was sure that her aunt's condition was stable she went to her apartment to change in some clean cloths and take a bath.

Discarding her dirty cloths she stepped into the tub, her toes flinching as they touched the chilled floor. She turned the water to high, letting it cascade down her body. As the thousand drops of lukewarm water tricked down her body her tears started flowing from her eyes. The tears which she had been trying so hard to keep at bay.

Oh God! Why me? How am I going to survive? How will my aunt react when she'll find out that her husband is dead?

She leaned against the tiles as her weak legs threatened to buckle. Her loud cries echoed in her silent apartment. She kept crying for a long time and only got out of the shower when she had no more tears left to shed.

Ahmar was so intimidating and he scared the hell out of her. She knew she had to be careful around him if she wanted to stay alive.

On her way back to hospital she picked up few cloths for her aunt as well. She was thankful when she entered the hospital and did not get the weird looks which she was getting before when she came along with her aunt.
She got inside to find her aunt sleeping due to her sedatives.

**_**_**_**_**

The under-boss of an Irish Mafia found himself in jeweler's store. He himself did not why he came to pick up the ring when he could have sent his assistant; the one who was handling his legal business. 

The manager did not waste a second on jumping on his feet after seeing him in the store. The manager was a chubby old man. He ordered his assistant to bring some drinks for Ahmar. The manager did his best to please Ahmar. 

After half an hour a beautiful ring with emerald stone surrounded by tiny diamonds caught his attention. Her bright green eyes flashed in his mind. He did not waste a single second in ordering the manager to pack it for him.

He made his way to her apartment and after punching in the code of her apartment he quietly made his way to Rosalyn's room.

At that time Rosalyn was sitting with her aunt in her guest room. The pain of losing her husband was too much for her.

After hugging her one last time and bidding good night to her aunt she left her aunt's room, came to her kitchen and started cooking. She had the habit of cooking whenever she was stressed. And tonight she was under a lot of stress.

A muscular arm coiling around her waist had her opening up her mouth to scream. But she could not as Ahmar had put a hand on her mouth shutting her up.

"Shhh!" His deep voice reached her ears, sending the chills down her spine.

Her heart slammed in her chest. He slowly turned her towards him, his brown eyes watching keenly the rise and fall of her chest.

She was too engrossed in praying to God in her heart, to see him taking out a small box from his pocket. When he held her hand only then her gaze moved and her eyes widened with surprise when her eyes fell on the emerald ring.

"You don't h-have to_" She stuttered out.

"I don't have to? Are you backing off?" he growled out. His voice was dark. His narrowed brown eyes had her shuddering in fear.

"No. W-what I meant was that you don't have to give me some e-expensive ring." She blushed when she saw him looking at her lips.

His brown orbs darkened, jaws ticked and his hand rose to cup her jaw firmly.

"Listen carefully my pretty Rose." He said emphasizing each of the six words. "I will do whatever I will like. You do not get to tell me what to do. I will be the only one who will exercise the control in between us." He snarled, looking straight in her eyes.

She gasped and broke the eye contact. The fear trickled like an ice water through her veins.

"Am I clear?" he gritted out.

"Y-yes."

"Good." He said, taking out the ring from box and slipping it in her ring finger.

"I don't want you to remove it ever." His stern expressions had her nodding her head. After that he left without another word.

Oh my God! What did just happen? I'm engaged to that tyrant now. Fudging Barbarian!!!

*******___*******

Author's Note: Hey lovelies, How are you all doing? 

What do you think about Rosalyn and Archer?

Thanks for reading.

The next update will be of THE DARK KING'S DOLL. I'm so excited to write the next chapter of TDKD. What would you like to read in the next chapter of TDKD?

Thank you :)

Mary!!!