Chapter 1

Serena's p.o.v.

I woke up to the buzz of my alarm. I shut it off as soon as possible. I quickly got up, I put on my oversized navy hoodie. I'm pretty sure this used to be my dads. I slipped on a pair of leggings and some runners. I made him his breakfast today I just made him porridge it was the quickest thing I could make. Hopefully I can get out of the house before he wakes up. I don't want another beating to start of my day. I just want a break. No such luck.

" where's my beer you sl*t" he slurred. He stumbled slightly as he approached me.

I quickly ran to the kitchen and realised there was only three cans left. I was in big trouble. He usually wanted at least 10 cans and a bottle of vodka. He's only drinks about three thirds of the vodka. What could I do? I made my way back to the sitting room with his breakfast and the beer cans.

"Where's the rest" he yelled.

I flinched instinctively. I put my head down avoiding eye contact he hated when I made eye contact. Maybe I could somehow worm my way out of the beating. I explained

" we're low I'll get some on the way back from school" I held my breath.

He growled " that's not good enough you wh*re. You good for nothing b*tch why do I even keep you around"

He took off his belt as he was talking and swung it straight at my face. I couldn't dodge it that would only make things worse. It hit me square in the face. He yelled at me to leave and to not come back until I got him booze. I didn't need to be told twice and legged it out of the house as fast as humanly possible. As I was leaving I could hear the sound of his sick laugh.

School wasn't much better than home ever since my mother died my friends slowly left. I mean who could blame them. I was useless, everyone seemed to think so. They used to ask if I was ok. But when people ask if your ok they don't mean it. It's just something society requires you to do. I used to like school it used to be my escape. But as soon as I got to high school everything drastically changed. I finally lost all my friends and I started being bullied. There was no respite from the abuse. I soon became a social outcast I had no friends and when they weren't verbally abusing me I was isolated and ignored. I really feel like a waste of space. I don't belong anywhere. I'm behind in some of my classes because of the beatings. I either miss school or I'm unable to physically do any work.

I soon reached the school or hell as I like to call it.. The only class I actually liked was art. Ms Jones was the only teacher who seemed to like me. I could also express myself. I always felt in my element painting or doing Lino.

I walked up to my locker to get my books. I kept my hood up and my face down so no one could see the raging red bruise that was coming up on my face from the belt. Not that they'd care. I tried to keep a low profile to avoid their taunts. I mean it works most of the time.

I hurried to my first class so I could get a seat at the back and so I could avoid people. I didn't want the attention anyway. I seem very antisocial but I guess that's who I am now.

Jay's p.o.v

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. Stupid invention. I picked it up and flung it across my room to stop it's infuriating ringing. I was having an amazing dream. Where I found my mate. I can't wait to meet my future Luna. My pack needed their alpha female. I was starting at a new school in hopes of finding her. I've visited every pack across the country and no luck. But I haven't given up hope yet. The school was about an hour away from the pack house. By now I think she's not a wolf. Unless she's rogue. I really hope she isn't a rouge.

When I got to the school I went straight to the front office to get my schedule. I noticed I received a lot of female attention but I didnt pay attention. Most people think alphas are players but we're not. We know that it will cause our mate pain if we sleep with someone else. One of our strongest instincts is to always protect our mate even when we're just a pup. I just wanted my mate. I'm not attracted to girls wearing scarce outfits and flaunting what they have. Leave some mystery people.

I had maths first. goddess I hated that class. All the numbers and letters. Why did they have to add letters. Maths is supposed to be numbers.

When I walked in I was met with the most amazing mouth watering scent. I looked around the room trying to find the source. What is it. Could it be her.

I saw a girl in the back with her head down and a hood hiding her from my view. My wolf was howling mate. I just wanted her to look up. I found her I finally found her. My mate. I can't wait to see her. This is the best day ever.

The teacher told me to take a seat at the front. Sadly it wasn't beside her I wondered what her name was. I want to know everything about her. I can't wait to find out how amazing she is. The class went tortuously slow and when it finally ended, I tried to approach her but she was gone. My little mate is fast I'll give her that.