Chapter 9

It's late at night and we are both lazing around the room. Kanda's reading a book, and I'm messing with some cards. I'm so bored. Suddenly an idea comes to me.
      "Kanda can we go to the hot springs?" I ask. Without looking away from his book he tells me 'no' with a harsh voice.
        "Why? I'm bored" I whine. Kanda, with his face still in his book, says,
        "Then go yourself"
        "But I don't wanna go by myself" I reply.
        "Then don't go. Stop acting childish and shut up. I'm trying to read" Kanda growls out.
       "Fine. I have an idea" Kanda finally looks up from his book and I smile at him.
       I will get what I want Kanda.
     "I have some cards. Let's play poker. Whoever wins gets to decide what we do. If you win you  can make me stay in the room and stay silent, and if I win we go the the hot springs. Deal?"
        Kanda grumbled but put his book down and sat across from me on the bed.
       "You better shut up after this" Kanda says. 
        "Yes, yes" I respond.
         I lay out all the cards and hand Kanda his cards.
         "Let's begin"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       "Royal flush" I say in a song song voice while laying down my cards.
       "Fuck you. You're cheating" Kanda shouts.
       "What do you mean? How am I cheating?" Kanda scowls even deeper and glares at me in response.
      "I don't know how, but you're cheating."
      "You have no proof. You're just angry I won" I smile at him and he glares even more at me.
      "Suck it up Kanda. We're just going to a hot spring. Maybe it'll get rid of whatever crawled up your butt" I murmur the last part.
       "What did you just say beansprout?" Kanda hisses. I just giggle and take off my exorcist coat off. 
        "Well let's go!" I happily bound out of the room with a angry Kanda behind me.
       When we get to the hot springs I take off my clothes and wrap a towel around my lower body. Kanda just stands at the door looking around the changing room.
        "Are you gonna change or what?" I ask Kanda.
        "I said I'd come not actually go in and babysit a child. Hot springs are for relaxing and being with you annoys me."
       "Cmon Kanda! You're annoyed by everyone. Just get in idiot" Kanda 'Che-ed' and started to take his clothes off.
       While he got ready I went into the spring first. I took one step in and stopped. I slowly started to sink the rest of my body into the water until the only thing out of the water is my nose and eyes.
I let out a relaxed sigh just as Kanda walked in. My eyes went wide.
Kanda has perfectly chiseled abs and his legs and arms are strong and muscular. On his sculpted chest lays a tattoo. It's a weird symbol with a spiked circle around it.
Kanda's hair is loose and framing his face and body amazingly. His hair reaches the top of his butt. It looks as smooth as silk. Is that what if feels like to? I ask myself.
I look back up again, but Kanda's already in the water with his arms resting in the sides. I lift my face out of the water and sit down on the stone seat. I put my one hands on the side like Kanda but leave my innocence arm in the water.
"Che, stop acting like a girl. I don't care about your stupid arm" Kanda's looking away from me so I can't see his facial expression.
Did he really just say that? Was he trying to, to comfort me? I smile to myself, and lift my innocence arm from the water as well.
I hear Kanda 'Che' but say nothing else.
After a few minutes a man in a butler uniform walks into the spring and handed Kanda something.
Kanda put the tray down and I was able to see the contents.
There was a stone bottle shaped like a beer bottle and two small bowls.
"What's that?" I ask. Kanda glares over at me.
"Sake" was his short reply. He took the bottle and poured the sake into the small bowl-cups.
Kanda picked up one of the cups and sipped it. He looks between me and the other cup twice, obviously telling me to take it.
I'm a little skeptical about it so I slowly reach for it.
"Just take the damn cup beansprout" I jump a bit and take the cup, and walk back to where I was sitting.
A smirk settled upon Kanda's face. Oh no.
"Say beansprout, let's have another game. Whoever can drink more and stay sober gets the bed. Up for it, ne?" Kanda had a look in his eyes that screamed 'I dare you. You won't beat me'.
"Alright Kanda. I'll play along" I took my cup in my hand, and downed it on one swift movement. I stretch my hand it towards Kanda with my cup.
"More please" Kanda does the same thing with his cup before pouring both of us another glass.
"Game on bean"
__________________________
Whoop, whoop! We might get some action next chapter. Wha'd'ya think???

I'm in New York for spring break so the next chapter will probably be out in a week instead of a few days. Please bet with it.

- B bunny