5. Sydney

*A little change: in chapter one Paisley went to London but I'm changing it to Sydney!*

"No, you can't force her, but you can fight for her."

My grandfather's blue eyes stare into my matching ones.

"And if you truly love her,"

"I do." I cut into his sentence.

"Then you'll work for her love until you've earned it."

"I should go to Sydney, tell her, and ask her to come home." I think out loud.

"Why are you still standing here then?" He looks away from me to pull out his phone. "I'm already calling Tim."

Before he even gets Tim on the phone, I'm rushing out the penthouse door.

"Mr. Hayes?" Daniel answers his phone on the second ring.

"Daniel, pull the car around the building. We're going to the airport."

Once Daniel has the car pulled around, I dial a number I've called every other day for the past week.

"Hello?"

"Hey," Her sleepy voice makes me grin instantly. "Sorry, I know it's late."

"Yeah, it's midnight." I hear her shift and her voice becomes slightly panicked. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, were all good. I guess I just miss... Simba." I want to beat my head against the cars window. I miss her. I mean I miss the Simba too but not nearly as much as I miss Paisley. Why can't I just tell her?

She doesn't say anything at first but then she responds. "He misses you too." I hear her yawn. "I better go to bed. I'll talk to you later? I have something I was excited to tell you."

"Sure," I don't tell her it will be sooner than she thinks and in person. "Get some rest."

"Goodnight."

"Sleep night." The call clicks to a close. I take a moment to stare at my phone screen. There's a photo of Paisley and I laughing at my grandmother's birthday dinner last month. My eyes are on her as her hand holds my tie and she laughs into my chest. We were both laughing at something Hailey said.

I didn't even notice the car had stopped until Daniel calls me. "We're here."

"Thanks Daniel." I lean forward and clap him on the shoulder. "I'll keep you updated."

"Give Miss. Paisley my best wishes."

Getting out of the car is see Tim, our family's pilot, waiting for me.

"Sydney, Australia Tim." I call, sprinting up the air stairs.

"Yes, Mr. Hayes."

———

The twenty hour flight to Sydney gave me a lot of time to think. Paisley isn't the type of woman who likes expensive gifts. So, flowers it is.

"The nearest flower shop please." I tell the taxi driver. "Actually, no, the best one here in Sydney."

Twenty minutes later were pulling into the parking lot of a small shop.

"This is the best?"

"Mate, this is the best shop in Australia."

"I'll give you an extra hundred if you keep the car running." I tell him shoving the car door open.

He chuckles. "You got it."

Walking towards the register, I ring the small silver bell three times.