Chapter Thirteen- Double Awkward

Please vote, comment, follow me, and share with yourfriends. We've reached past the halfway point of this story! :O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosalie:

I was straightening my hair in the mirror. "Who had this idea, anyway?" I asked Aria, who was throwing together an outfit for me.

"I don't know, all I know is that I get through this without killing myself, I'll be happy." She groaned. "Here, I have your outfit ready." She gestured towards my bed, where it was layed out.

A short, black, high-waisted a-line skirt over cropped burgundy leggings, a grey sweater with elbow sleeves, light brown combat boots, creme colored, loose calf-heightened socks, and a very light pink lace hair-bow. 

"I like it. What're you going to wear?"  I asked, picking up the outfit. Right now, I was just dressed in spandex track shorts and a tanktop

"Oh, just this." Aria tossed out a few articles of clothing from her bag. A black top with shoulder cut outs, a leather jacket, black lace leggings, red sailor shorts, lace up black sneaker heels, dangly star earrings, and a three finger snake ring.

It showed how different our styles were. I was more tumblr, hipster style, and Aria was definitely more urban. I walked into my closet, and pulled the door shut. I slid out of my shorts and tanktop, then tossed my clothes into the hamper in the corner. I had always thought my closet was normal sized, until I found out it was almost as big as Aria's bedroom. I  looked at the full length mirror, scrutinizing my short, slim body. I wasn't curvy in the slightest, and I personally thought my figure looked like an eleven year olds. I sighed, then put on the outfit Aria had picked out. Honestly, a lot of these pieces I had forgotten that I even owned. Stuff that was gifts, things I'd thrown in the cart casually, or things that I'd had for so long, but never gotten along to wearing. It made me feel shallow, sure, but that was my life. Like this outfit, for instance. I didn't remember that I owned a pair of burgundy tights, or a grey sweater like that.

I tucked my feet into the boots and zipped them up. I smoothed my skirt, and looked at myself in the mirror. I walked over to the side of my closet and reached onto the shelve, taking a few bobby pins. I took my side-bangs and slowly twisted them back, pinning them to the side. I sighed and walked out of the closet. Aria had changed as well, and was clasping on the earrings.

"Hey, you look almost perfect. Dark lipstick with some bronzey eye-shadows will do nicely. I can get your shadow." Aria patted the stool next to her.

I sat down. "My eye-shadow palates are in the second drawer of my vanity desk." I told her. She walked over and took out my MAC palate and began her work.

In about a half hour, she told me to rub my lips together, and I obeyed.

"There. Done." She smiled, stepping back. I looked in the mirror. I looked perfect, but I was almost tired of looking perfect. I wished that sometimes, I could just go on a date with Fletcher in jeans and a t-shirt. With mascara and cover-up instead of lipstick and bronzer. With my hair up instead of always perfectly styled.

"Thanks." I sighed, standing.

Aria smiled and walked over to the mirror, and began to work on herself. She spent maybe 1/4 of the time on herself that she did on me. To do my face-makeup, she'd taken almost an hour. For my eye makeup, a half hour. She was done in less than 15 minutes. She'd just threw on some concealer, matte powder, eyeliner, mascara, and she was done.

"You're not going to try harder?"

"Shawn likes me without it, and so I'm meeting him in the middle with just a little."