Winner - FaithbyFaith

Writing "Anywhere But Here" was a little difficult for me.

Not in the sense that writing is difficult, but the idea for the story was so vague when I started. I developed ideas for the book on impulse. In my book "Why I Can't Rule the World", the main character, Sawyer, makes an appearance. That was when I first began to develop his character and he soon became my favorite.

Since I wrote "Why I Can't Rule the World" before "Anywhere But Here", I knew that Sawyer needed to have a backstory. His character intrigued me, so I wrote a whole book about him.While I knew that Sawyer would have a rough past, I didn't anticipate what it would be. His journey changed me, as a writer. What this book came down to was my own restlessness. Through Sawyer, I worked through wanting to be somewhere else, with someone else, while being someone else. I wasn't satisfied with my life at the time of writing this book.

God allowed me to experience what it was like to not have a lot. To have people you couldn't rely on, and people who should love you, but don't. To have people lie and to be apprehensive of everyone. Sawyer had to go through all these things, so I did too.

The journey took a toll on my heart. I now see how lucky I am to have support and people who care about me. I grew closer to those who genuinely care. As for those who don't and have hurt me, I have learned to forgive.

Forgiveness isn't an event; it's a process. I forget this-- a lot. I will tell you this, the hardest person to forgive is yourself. You are the person you have to live with, and sometimes it's hard!

If you have a hard time forgiving yourself, just remember that God forgave you first. He loved you enough to grant you forgiveness and peace. That is how much you matter to Him. He wants you to feel important, because you ARE important.

You are good enough and amazing. You will and are doing big things, even if you don't feel like it. People notice you, even if you don't know it. It breaks my heart to know that some of you don't think you're good enough, but lovely, you are.

I try to convey that message in every story I write. You are loved dearly, and you will be okay.
I tell people that while I haven't traveled very far or experienced a lot of things my characters experienced, I feel like I've lived more than just my life. Through them I understand where people come from. Writing really stretches one's perspective about others and life in general.
I hope that you understand just how important you are. <3 As a writer, I appreciate the support! I write for Jesus because He granted me the ability to do so. He gave up everything for me, so I try to do the same. I am not perfect, but I try.If anyone needs to talk, I'm here. (: Thank you for reading! God is good. -Abigail Rayne