14

"You can shift back now Jade." I didn't have to be told twice but it was hard to concentrate on my human with Dominic standing so close to me. My wolf is more than content with this closeness and doesn't want to submit to changing back but eventually I'm able to reign her in and shifted back right in his arms and awaiting hospital gown, greeted a smile I don't know how I lived without all this time.

God he is so damn sexy! And he wants me! He wants me! Raising his hand to my cheek, he brushes it gently, pushing my hair from my face only to peer into my eyes with an expression I can't quite read until his head slowly moves forward and his lips are about to connect with mine.

A shift in the wind jolts me, drawing my eyes to a fleeing Cameron but I can't seem to make myself care. Aside from his scent that I'd had years to grow used to, my wolf feels almost nothing for him. How is that possible when I was born for him? Through a bite? All it took was for someone else to claim me to erase the pointless feelings and emotions I had for someone that would never return them? Why the hell didn't I run off and let some random bite me years ago?

"I'm going to draw up some discharge papers and notify the alpha. After that Jade is free to go."

I grin again, returning my gaze to a smiling Dominic. Alone time is all that's on my mind and judging by the look he's giving me, he has the same idea. The sooner we get out of here the better! Lacing our fingers together I tugged on his hand lightly leading him back to the building as he tucks me into his side and kisses the top of my head, both of us completely oblivious to the fact that we're being watched.

"Not so fast you two. We are in need of a serious talk."

Oh shit...

Like a true soldier, Dominic straightens his back and faces my father while I cower behind his back still holding onto his arm for dear life. Call me a punk, chicken shit, whatever you want but my father is a scary man when he's in parental mode and even more when his wolf isn't too far from the surface. Sensing my fear, his eyes soften but darken again when Dominic looks away from him briefly to check on me.

"So it was my daughter's scent you wanted me to track. Did you know that all along?"

"No, Sir." How in the hell is he able to speak so calmly. I can feel the heat radiating off of my father even though he is a pretty good distance away. Everything about his presence is demanding and intimidating, yet Dominic doesn't look at all fazed.

"How far did things go, really? What are your intentions?" Dad's eyes dropped down to me even though his question was directed at Dominic. He squeezes my hand slightly and I take it like he is preparing me for what he is about to say and I cut in, not wanting my parents to know I practically threw myself at him.

"Daddy—"

"Quiet, Jade! You're in hot water yourself for not telling us about any of this before now. If you want to live to see your next birthday I suggest you let us talk, man to man." Once again I shrink back behind my mate in fear. I can feel the vibration of a growl rolling through his back before it enters my ears. I look at my mother pleadingly. Her focus seems to be on stroking my Dad's arm to keep him calm.

"With all due respect Lance, do not threaten my mate. She was your daughter first, but now that I'm here, I will not tolerate any disrespect sent her way." Surprisingly my father cracks a small smile and raises a single brow motioning for him to answer his question. Being the nephew of our Alpha, I can tell Dominic is fighting the urge to dominate this situation. Out of respect for his mentor, my father, he's holding back. So I do the only thing I can think to do to calm him, boldly push up on my toes and nuzzle his neck. He relaxes immediately and turns his head to nuzzle me back. A gesture so simple has such an impact on my wolf that I feel myself slowly but surely losing control to her.