25

That vision I had has been sitting on my mind since I had it. I wanted to ask Kayla about the guy in the picture and also why she suddenly joined this pack. Doing so was in no way easy considering the news of our royal beta wolves was spreading like a rumor. Because of all the excitement and obvious reasons, another meeting had to be held and recorded to show the rest of the wolf nation that it was in fact true.

Just as we had, Jax and Kay were asked to shift so that their wolves would be recognized and it was then that we noticed the differences. Their wolves had grown but weren't quite as big as ours and instead of having the same silver streak, their right paw was silver. I found that to be very weird considering we marked them over their hearts however when they returned to humans form the same vines that surrounded their marks were traveling around their wrist intertwining and stopping on the back of their right hands. It made sense after the fact that when one pledges they place their right hand over their hearts to swear their loyalty to us so the marks appeared on their hands as their wolves accepted the bonds Dominic and I have created with them.

With Jaxon and Kayla a part of the team now our home has been like a never-ending party minus fun and freedom. My mother has been running around like a chicken with its head cut off setting up a room for Kayla since she will be living with us too now and gathering things for Jax as well while making sure we're eating in between meetings with more people interested in becoming a part of the staff.

By the time things died down it was well past midnight. I laid in bed with the blanket pulled up over my shoulders waiting for the second Dominic's breathing steadied to sneak out the room. His arm was draped over me making it hard for me to just get up and go so I ended up laying there for an unknown amount of time trying to figure out my best escape route. I gripped the tip of his fingers and tried to lift his arm up that way but it was like trying to pry myself from the jaws of life. There was only one way out of this without waking him. Pressing myself tightly to his bare chest I slid down underneath the blankets, then his arm, and maneuvered my way across the bed until I felt the cool air surrounding the bed brush against my back. Too busy trying to avoid his leg that seemed like it was searching for mine I moved over too far and fell butt first onto the floor.

An involuntary squeal slipped through my nose as I shot up peaking over the blankets like a little mouse hoping he hadn't awakened. I need him to stay asleep so I can get some girl time in with my beta. Finally free, I cracked the door open enough just to slid through it and tiptoed down the hall toward Kayla's room. I knocked lightly three different times receiving no answer and silently prayed she hadn't already fallen asleep. My wolf is anxious for me to get to connect with her and I fear turning away now will mean giving up that chance for a while. I let myself into her room just as she was coming out of the bathroom and grinned from ear to ear silently thanking the Moon Goddess.

"Queen Jade," she bowed to my dismay, "is there something you need?"

"Yeah, first I need you to stop calling me Queen and second," I ran over and grabbed her hand, "follow me and be quiet." Wasting no time my fingers intertwined with hers and I basically pulled her out the room and down the stairs.

"Why do we have to be—"

Her words faded into silence as I pointed toward the ceiling then to the kitchen. Once we rounded the corner I let go of her hand and motioned for her to have a seat. Pulling through the cabinets, drawers, and the freezer I gathered everything we needed to completely pig out. "Vanilla or chocolate?" I asked, waving both boxes of ice cream in my hands.

"Both! Why do I get the feeling we're not supposed to be doing this?" She whispered but gladly accepted the bowl I placed in her hands.

"Because you met my Dad and know he'd flip if he knew we were up eating ice cream and not getting the sleep we need." I rolled my eyes dropping down on the stool across from her. "Between him and my Mom, I don't know which one is the bigger pain in my ass!"