Chapter 10

Previously
I grab his phone and unlock it. I quickly open the facebook app and think about what I'm going to post on his account.

Suddenly his phone disappears out of my hands and he shakes his head disapprovingly.

"Seriously? You're hurt and that's what you're thinking about?" he stares at me and I gulp at the intensity

Now
"Sorry" I mumble before looking at my –suddenly really interesting- hands

He chuckles lightly as he starts to clean the wound on my leg and I wince in pain.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"What's the deal with you and Mark?"

Okay, that's something I didn't expect...

"I don't know what you're talking about" I avoid looking at him, because I know he'll be able to tell I'm lying otherwise.

"Don't lie to me, Alex"

Okay, maybe he knows without even looking in my eyes.

"It's not important"

He lays a nettling on the wound and wraps a bandage around my leg. Then he softly pushes me on my back and starts on the wound on my stomach.

"Alex, it is. The man is a creep" he sighs and tries to look in my eyes

"What did he tell you?" I ask, not sure if I want to know

He looks at my wound again and groans.

"What is it?"

"I will have to sew this, is that okay with you?" he asks me

Dammit, that's going to hurt.

I nod my head and stare at the ceiling.

"Mase, what has Mark told you?"

"Something about finishing what Caleb started" he sighs

I freeze and my breathing gets heavier. I feel my eyes tear up and it takes all my strength to not cry in front of Mason. I really don't want him to know.

He can't know. No matter what, he can't. I don't have a choice. He can't know. I do not have a choice.

I keep repeating this sentence in my head. I don't have a choice. I cannot tell him ever.

He finishes sewing, puts a nettling on this wound and wraps a bandage on the wound on my stomach. His touch sends tingles through my body, but I try to ignore it, which is way harder than it should be.

"You can trust me Lex" he says and sits next to me

I sigh in frustration.

"I know"

He smiles when I say this. I still can't tell him. Hell, I can't tell anyone. If this Mark knows Caleb, I'm sure he is capable of whatever Caleb has done and maybe he's capable of something even worse.

I really don't want to think about this.

I try to control my breath, but instead a few tears roll over my cheeks. I really, really don't want to cry in front of Mason, but the memories keep rushing back.

Mason wraps his arms around me and pulls me on his lap. He pulls me against him and I bury my face in his chest and wrap my arms around my legs.

"It's going to be okay Lex. I'm here with you" he says calmly

I don't think I ever felt so safe in someone's arms. Mason makes me feel safe.

"I'm so sorry Mason, but I can't tell you right now. I will try to tell you tomorrow okay?" I whisper