Chapter 15

Previously

The window. I run towards it and climb on the branches. I try to climb down the tree, without falling and it works.

The moment I feel the ground under my feet, I hear Mason and Jayden curse from my room.

I took some painkillers, so that's why I can run now. I run to the left, to the right, to the left and then I bump into someone.

Caleb.

Now

"My love"

I freeze to the ground and stare at him like he's an alien.

"Let's make a small walk, my love"

He grabs my arm and tries to pull me with him. It's already dark outside, so not many people can see us right now.

"No, let go of me" I grab his hand, that's on my arm and try to pull it off me

"Don't make a big deal out if it, we're just going to take a walk"

"Don't make a big deal out of it? Wow, I didn't know you were this funny. You forgot what you did to me? If you don't let me go, I'll scream"

"Go ahead" He puts his hand on my mouth and drags me inside a van.

I stribble against his grip and try to scream, but it's muffled by his hand.

My phone.

Mason.

God dammit.

I have no freaking way of reaching anyone.

Before I know it I'm in the van and we're driving to I don't know where.

And then he has the nerve to say: don't make a big deal out of it. I roll my eyes at my own thoughts and look around the van.

I try to open the door, but it doesn't work. I kick the side of the van in anger, which isn't helping my leg. But at that moment I don't care.

I should've just told them, then they would be fine and I wouldn't find myself in this situation.

Too late now, I guess.

I don't know how long we've driven for, but it certainly was long. I almost fell asleep 5 times, but every time I would had to keep myself awake.

We stop and Caleb opens the door of the van. He takes me towards a sketchy looking building. I take a good look around and see nothing but woods and an endless road.

Where the hell am I? Am I in a horror movie?

"Stop digging your nails in my arm, it hurts" I groan and try to rip my arm out of his grip

Hopeless.

"That's the point. I can't take the risk of you running away"

"Are you stupid?! Where the hell would I run towards? Have you seen the surroundings? I would probably get lost and eaten by bears or wolves!"

"I wouldn't put it past you"

He takes me to a basement. There's only one lightbulb and a used mattress with a small blanket and pillow.

"Welcome home, my love" he smirks

"Omg, thank you so much. I think I'm going to feel just at home here. It's just so cozy and beautiful. Thanks." I say sarcastically

"No problem, my love" he genuinely smiles. He seriously smiles. Jeesz, is he deaf to sarcasm or something?

"Now, make yourself at home. I'm gonna go upstairs"