33-Preparing

Being what happened to me the night before, not wanting to bother me Levi let me sleep in. Mrs. Meyers ended up staying late to make sure I had breakfast. I had awoken to a familiar smell, a smell that reminded me of when I was a child.

I get up out of bed putting on my robe, the closer I walk towards the kitchen, the more I smell made me think of my mom.

"Good Morning Mrs. Meyers."

She turns away from the stove to look at me and smiles. "Good morning Alexis."

"May I ask what you're making? The smell is so familiar that it's making me think of my mom and what she used to make me."

"Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, do you not like that?"

"Oh, I do! I just haven't had it since my mom passed away, and I knew it had smelled familiar."

Levi walks up from behind me, putting his hands on my shoulders, leaning over kisses the side of my neck. "Morning hun, hope you slept well." He says in soft low voice.

"I did, thank you." I smile putting my hands on top of his.

"Excuse us." Levi says picking me up and carrying me to the bedroom. I start to chuckle "What are you up to Mr.? I grin.

He lays me on the bed, laying down next to me. "I just wanted a morning kiss and to hold you for a bit before we eat breakfast.

We lay side by side facing each other, looking into one another's eyes he playfully grabs my lips and kisses them, making me laugh while he's kissing me. I push him on his back as I lean over kissing him with so much passion, kissing him like I hadn't seen him in forever.

He starts to slide his hands up under my robe, I smile stopping him,"I'm sure food is done, we better go eat." I say getting off of him. I reach my hand out to him helping him off the bed.

"Isn't that my job, helping you out of bed?" He laughs. Taking my hand he walks me to the dining room pulling a chair out for me to sit. He walks into the kitchen checking on the food.

They bring out the food, Mrs. Meyers sets my plate in front of me, "I know it's not your mother's, but I hope you like it." She says with care smiling.

I start to eat the biscuits and gravy, and I have flashbacks of my mother when she would give me my plate of the same meal.

"Are you ok?" Levi asks, looking at me concerned.

"I'm fine, just had flashbacks of my mother. It's been 14 years since I've seen her. Just missing her, that's all." I take another bite and smile at Levi.

Later on in the day, Levi decides to take me out wedding cake shopping, sampling the different cakes, and found one we both agreed on. The Baileys Irish Crème cake, dark chocolate, with a chocolate Irish crème mousse inside. The cake just melted in my mouth, it was to die for.

"What else can I help out with?" He asks.

"Well you could hire a D.J. , and maybe take my to figure out my bouquet? You can't be with to pick out my dress."

After Levi and I get everything straightened out with the church, D.J., and reception hall, I meet with Jillian and we go dress shopping.

I tried on so many dresses, I had no clue on what style I wanted, i tried on the mermaid looking ones and liked them, but figured I would be uncomfortable the rest of the night, so I scratched that. I was about to give up when one caught my eye and I tried it on. It was perfect. Picking out the bridesmaids dress was fun and easy, of course I'm going with my favorite color of red. The color of love.