Twenty

"Everything will be better from here on out."

O N W A R D S;

Caleb thought of the familiarity of it all as he sat down across from her, he thought about how she was smiling at him shyly from across the table in her dining room. How she would ever so plainly sneak glances at him and he'd always catch her and she'd bend her head down blushing. How she'd tuck that stray strand of hair behind her ear every five minutes it came lose again. How she'd completely focus her attention on whatever he was saying. It was the smallest things that brought back so many memories and as he leaned back in his chair he just smiled.

"Caleb?" Her voice broke him out of his thoughts.
"Mhm, yes?" He looked up at her outstretched hand in front of him.
"I asked if you were done with your plate?"
He nodded as she took his plate in her hands and walked off into the kitchen. He followed her shortly after as she was drying her hands with a wash cloth. His gaze traveled over the beautiful woman before him as he leaned against the doorframe.

He had kissed her earlier and now as she stood a few feet away from him, all he could think of was spinning her around to face him and colliding his lips with hers. He smirked as she swiveled her heel and gave him a sideways glance, "What are you looking at?"
He smirked, "You, obviously."
A blush clouded her cheeks and she shook her head, "Well stop, you're making me nervous."

He hummed softly, stepping closer to her, "Hm, I make you nervous?" He asked smiling.
She bit her lip as she continued to pack away the dishes as if trying to ignore him, "You've always made me nervous." She pulled the stray strand of hair behind her ear again.
Caleb hummed again, "Why?"
He now had her boxed in against the counter, his hands surrounding her, "You know why."
He raised his eyebrows, obviously interested in this conversation, "I do?"

Caleb watched as Georgia tried to get past him but he grabbed her wrist softly keeping her in place close to him, "Caleb...." her voice came out as a whisper.
"Georgia..." he smirked at the way her body shuddered at the sound of his voice.
He brought his lips to the place on her neck below her ear and kissed it softly, "Why do I make you nervous?" He whispered.

"Caleb, stop...." He watched as she squirmed and he let out a soft chuckle finally letting her go, he'd teased her enough. She stumbled a little as she was released from his grip, obviously flustered not meeting his gaze. When she finally looked at him again, there was something in her eyes, apprehension, confusion, uncertainty, hesitation and as she shook her head, his frown deepened.
What was going on in her pretty little head?

They had at least seven feet in distance between them now and Caleb wanted to reach for her but something was holding him back. He watched her closely, he knew she was having an internal battle with herself as her facial expression said it all. She was deciding something and Caleb knew what it was. So he stood his ground and waited, waited to see what she'd do next.

He watched her shake her head a little and pull her lips into a small smile. Her tentative steps coming towards him as she wrapped her arms around his body. The contact made Caleb let out a shaky breath and close his arms around her tightly. He felt her tiny arms tighten around him and he kissed the top of her head. She leaned back and Caleb studied her face quietly, she was nervously biting her lip as she tiptoed to meet his lips. Caleb noticing what she was attempting to do met her half way and placed a chaste kiss to her lips.

He saw her grin and plant her feet back on the ground. She looked up at him a little nervous, "You're sure, right?" Caleb furrowed his eyebrows not completely understanding.
"About me.... that you want me again, after....?"
Caleb held her chin in his hand, "If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't be here."

~*~

More of a short filler if I do say so myself.
please Vote and Comment!