CHAPTER 24 (by bumfromkorea)

After completely forgetting that we went into the department store to get Her a present, we left the place. Can't really think straight when you're hungry, right?

Her: Whoa, it's dark outside already.

Me: Yeah... let's go get something to eat. Where do you want to go?

Her: Well... um... that is... see, I...

Me: What? Say it out loud!

Her: I... I want to eat... THAT.

Me: That? What's 'that'? A puppy? Snake soup?

Her: No! Geez! You know... THAT.

Me: What is "THAT"?!

Her: That... jajangmyun...

Me: ......

So, we went to the Chinese restaurant.... T_T [T/N: Refer to Chapter 9 if you forgot what happened with them and the infamous jajangmyun (black bean noodle)]

But... I mean, this was our 100th day anniversary. I mean, I wasn't planning to take her to a fancy five star restaurant or something... but jajangmyun of all things?

'You can barely afford jajangmyun anyway', you say?

...I stole dad's credit card, remember?

I mean, ramen would have been a better choice. Or we could not eat at all... But... but.... why jajangmyun of all things...

Me: You want the double-sized bowl, right? Excuse me! Could we get a double-bowl jajangmyun and a jjamppong? [T/N: Spicy, seafood-broth-based noodle. I personally hate it, but it's as popular as jajangmyun and is often sold in same places where they sell jajangmyun.]

What? You thought I was going to eat jajangmyun after what had happened last time?

Our orders came out, one jjamppong and one double-sized jajangmyun...

Her: Hey, Gyunwoo?

Me: Hmm?

Her: So...

Me: What? What's wrong with you today? Speak your mind.

Her: So... that jjamppong looks really tasty.

Me: ...

Her: Let's switch.

Me: T_T

A double-sized jajangmyun now stands before my eyes... which are flowing with miserable tears.

After dinner, we went to go see a movie, then we went to a cafe. And now, it's already midnight. Looks like I can't go back home tonight, with all the buses and subway closed for the day. I'll probably have to spend the night at my aunt's house... You know Gyungin Women's college near Kyesan? My aunt lives in the apartment right in front of that place.