DIECISÉIS.

KISS & TELL
" kinda hard to be pretty ! "
EPISODE EIGHT; CHAPTER TWO

KISS & TELL" kinda hard to be pretty ! "EPISODE EIGHT; CHAPTER TWO

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

BY THE TIME the weekend had finished, Rory still hadn't spoken to Hannah. However, it was inevitable that their silence would end when the blonde girl woke up on Monday to find her car missing from the drive.

As she plodded down the stairs, her hair still ratted from her sleep, she noticed a little piece of cream paper pinned to a brown paper bag on the counter top in her kitchen. Rory yawned and rubber her face as she headed over to read what the black calligraphy said.

It was a message from her mother, saying that her own car was in being fixed and she needed to borrow Rory's in order to be able to go to work. The teen sighed and opened the paper bag, seeing 6, slightly burnt, heart-shaped cookies her mother had clearly hastily made at 5am. She scoffed at the meek attempt of an apology and threw the bag in the bin.

Rory texted everyone she could off in search of a ride, but her efforts didn't pay off. It was only as she finished fastening her skirt up when she realised there was one person she was left to ask. She contemplated wether it was worth it, but ended up texting Hannah Baker for the first time in at least a week.

To Rory's surprise, just as she was about to begin walking to school, she heard a light knock on her front door. Hannah Baker stood on the step outside.

"Hey." She smiled, "I got your text but my phone died so I couldn't reply." Rory laughed to herself quietly. Hannah could forget any disagreement so easily, unlike herself who would hold grudges for years until specifically asked not to. "I got iced coffee on the way."

The two girls linked arms as they walked down Rory's front lawn, after she had locked her door. They both laughed and smiled as Hannah started her car and began the short drive to Liberty.

"This is nice." Rory sighed as she sipped her drink. "I feel like we haven't properly spent time together in a long while."

"Yeah." Hannah mumbled as she tilted her head back onto the car seat. "Hey, do you think maybe we could make this a regular thing?" She asked.

Rory smiled over at her, meeting Hannah's eyes she glanced over at her from the road. "Sure." She answered. "I'd like that."

"I'd like that too." Hannah giggle as she pulled into one of the free spaces in the parking lot closest to the school entrance. "Hey, don't we have that careers fair thing first?" She asked as she and Rory began to climb out of the car.

"Oh, yeah." Rory shrugged as she slung her bag over her shoulder, the bell ring sounding as she and Hannah headed to the gym.

As the pair entered, the majority of their classmates were already talking to the various university representatives at their stalls. The gym was full of bright posters and flyers, overbearingly nice grins and fake laughter.