Study Talks

The next day, Shouto met Izuku at the gate and walked into the school with him; Izuku grinning the whole way like usual.

"Hey so..." he trailed off. Shouto rolled his eyes, deciding to put an end to the others hopeful manner.

"They didn't tell me anything, before you ask." he butted in. Izuku pouted slightly, entering the school building.

"That's a shame." the pair entered their classroom and the school day began again.

At the end of the day, Shouto went home before either of his dads and they ate dinner together later, as usual. After dinner, the youngest started his revision for the upcoming end of year exams. He began revising at seven o'clock, going in regular intervals of 20 minutes, taking a five minute break and starting again in cycles. When it got to nine o'clock, Yamada wanted to intervene; muttering to his spouse grumpily.

"Its been two hours, Shouta!" he hissed. Aizawa hummed, glancing at the person in question.

"Give him some more time. If he doesn't stop soon, I'll speak with him, all right?" he said, quirking an eyebrow at the end. The blonde huffed but snuggled closer into his husbands side.

"Fine." he mumbled, scowl still evident in his tone. Ten minutes turned into twenty; then twenty to thirty and thirty to an even grumpier Yamada (and a worried Aizawa, though he'd never voice said concern). A jab in the ribs from the blonde prompted the other to stand and approach the youngest.

"Shouto, you've been revising for two and a half hours. We think it's time for you to call it a night." he said calmly. The younger scowled, not stopping the pen in his hand as he spoke.

"I'm half way through a session. Can you wait ten more minutes?" he said. Aizawa was scowling now. He pulled the pen from the boys grip, easily dodging the sweeping hand that followed.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you," he started. There was a few seconds pause as the pair stared each other down, "ten more minutes, then straight to bed- agreed?"

"Agreed." the pen was handed back. Aizawa checked the clock.

21:34

At quarter to ten, Aizawa returned. Shouto spoke, not taking his eyes off the page.

"I'm just finishing this sentence and then I'm going." he said, placing a full stop as he spoke. He gathered his things in an ordered pile and stood. As he passed the man, Aizawa ruffled his hair gently.

"Night kiddo."