Inferno

I'm back my friends, so I've decided that this story will be 40 chapters. I still have quite a bit of main big things to squeeze in here, but I can do it.
*
So just a warning, things are going to start to get pretty intense :)
*
Enjoy.
*
Payton and Melanie walked in sync out of the school, and got in her car. Melanie wouldn't be riding home with Issac today, not until she figured out what to do about Knoll. She had found out the Knoll was Issac's cousin, his psychotic younger cousin.

Melanie, where are you? Issac asked through their small pack link.

Riding home with Payton, I'll see you later.

Melanie ignored everything that Issac said after that, shutting the link off and looking at Payton.

"You ready for this?" She asked, and Payton nodded. She turned her head to the back seat, flipping over a blanket to reveal dozens of weapons. Melanie was surprised to see that she had three bows. "I didn't know you could shoot," Mel said.

"There's a lot of things that you don't know," Payton replied. She started her car engine, before pulling out of the school parking lot.

They drove for what felt like ever, but was only twenty minutes. Once they reached their destination, Payton parked and they stepped out of her car.

Payton swung open her back door, picking out her weapon of choice. It was the combat bow and some arrows with green tips.

"Why green?" Melanie asked, she watched as Payton shoved some knives into her boots and jacket.

"These, are emerald tipped arrows. The most efficient way of killing a dragon, plus some rattlesnake venom to do the trick."

Payton shut her car door, flashing a smile at Melanie. The two girls began to walk with a purpose, they were going to the place where Knoll had killed the hikers last night.

Payton wanted to get a taste of how strong Knoll was, and whether she would need to hunt him or not. If he was too strong, she'd have to get her parents in on it.

Melanie already knew of this, but if that was the case her parents couldn't know that Mel even knew about dragons and mythical creatures.

That would open a whole new problem, one that neither of them would be able to fix.

Minutes later, Payton and Mel stood where it happened. Payton was bewildered to see nothing but charred ground for a hundred feet. It looked like the aftermath of a forest fire, except they knew what caused this.

"Melanie this is one big ass dragon," She said. She gave her friend a look of angst, before a look of fear. Payton loaded her bow, causing Melanie to turn around sharply.

There stood Knoll, leaning up against a tree eating an apple.

"Hello, Ladies." He greeted, sending them a cheeky grin. He tossed the apple onto the ground, moving from his spot.

"Stay there," Payton ordered. She still had her bow drawn, fully ready to let the arrow go. Knoll however, did not look the least bit concerned. He did stop though, seeing as he felt it was the chivalrous thing to do.

"Lovely weather," He said, "Wouldn't you both agree?"

He looked at Melanie, who actually stood off in front of Payton. It was like she was protecting her.

"I'd say it's a bit chilly," Mel said. Her tone remained serious, but Knoll couldn't help but laugh. He advanced towards the girls again, catching the arrow when Payton let it fly.

Payton stepped back a bit, watching as he snapped her arrow in half. Knoll looked back at them, smiling.

His lips twisted like that of a snakes, and that's exactly what he reminded Melanie of.