6: Anticipation and Accidents

(On Peter's phone)
Me- GUYS!! MR. STARK IS PAYING FOR MY TOP SURGERY!!
MJ- That's so cool Peter, when is it? I'm excited for you, but just so you know, you interrupted my reading.
The Man In The Chair- Woah!! Does that mean the Avengers are all going to be your doctors? That's so cool!
Me- it's on December 12! That's only 2 1/2 months away! And no, Ned, they're not gonna be my doctors... well, except Bruce.
The Man In The Chair- WILL I GET TO MEET THE AVENGERS WHEN I SEE YOU AFTER SURGERY??
Me- Haha why don't you come over and meet them today? You too, MJ, if you're not too busy reading.
MJ- yeah I guess I could go meet some superheroes... after I finish this chapter.
The Man In The Chair- ILL BE OVER IN 20 MINUETS I CANT WAIT

(Peter's POV)

I'm smiling at my phone when Wanda walks in. "Hey Peter, how you doing?" She asks, concerned.

"Today is one of the best days ever! Mr. Stark got me a Top Surgery date and he's paying for it! And my friends are coming over to celebrate!" 

I'm so busy being excited that it isn't until after I'm done talking that I realize I mentioned top surgery to someone who doesn't know I'm trans.

"That's great Peter! I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't forget to come eat dinner." She says with a smile.

"Wait... y-you knew I'm trans?" I ask shyly.

Wanda blushes and scratches her neck as she says "yeah peter, I kinda went into your memories when you were hurt so that I could see what was wrong... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude, I was just really worried." 

I smile, relieved I don't have to explain anything to her because she already knows.

"That's ok Wanda. I'm glad you know."

She smiles as she walks out, and I start the shower so it fills up the mirror with steam. I quickly undress and get in, wash myself, and get out. I haven't showered much when I've been on house arrest because most days I was too dysphoric or too depressed, but today was a good day. I'm sitting in the kitchen eating some spaghetti with Wanda, Vision, and Steve when JARVIS notifies us that Ned and MJ are here. After being approved by Wanda, I go to meet them in the lobby.

"Ned, MJ! Over here!" I shout as I exit the elevator. 

MJ is walking while reading a book, but she puts it down as I run to hug them; I haven't seen them all week because they're so busy with school. After we hug I ask if they want to go upstairs and get something to eat.

"Yeah man, I'm starving. Hey, where are the avengers?" Ned asks, obviously excited. He's been to the tower before, but always when the Avengers are out on a mission or training.

"Some of them are training but most are in the kitchen so we'll probably see them when we get up there." We walk into the elevator and I set it to go to the living room.

"This is so cool! I'm going to meet my childhood heroes!" Ned is practically screaming as he says that, and I'm about to reply before MJ interrupts with, "Can you keep it down? I'm still trying to read over here. I only have one page left."

I roll my eyes at her and Ned and I burst out laughing just as the doors open. 

"What's so funny?" Tony shouts from the kitchen, just before biting into a donut.

"Nothing Mr.Stark, we were just laughing at MJ." I reply with a smile.

"Ah, is she reading again?" He asks with a smirk.

"Yup. She even shushed us, so it must be a good book." 

Just then, Wanda runs in screaming as Clint tries to hit her with a nerf gun.
"Stop it! Stop! I'm sorry I took your pasta!" She shrieks as she uses her powers to float the gun away from Clint.

"It was from that really good Italian place down the street! You know it's my favorite, and you're gonna get me some more!" Clint shouts at her, still very upset.

Even MJ laughs at the scene before us, and pretty soon everyone is doubled over laughing... except Clint. "I'm serious! I want my pasta!" He says before storming out of the room like a small child.

Tony is still laughing as he makes a comment about how childish everyone is around here.
"What about me being a child?" Steve asks as he walks in with Nat, sweaty from training.
Ned is totally fanboying and interrupts the conversation by running up to Steve and practically screaming at him.

"Hi Mr.America I'm Ned Leeds and I'm your biggest fan, you're my favorite avenger I can't believe I'm meeting you!" Ned shouts all in one breath, which makes Steve laugh.

"Hey kid, take it easy. You're Peter's friend, right?" 

"Yeah we're best friends and I'm so excited that Tony is paying for his top surgery because it means I'll probably be seeing you more often- also because it will make him so happy but mostly because I'll be able to see you a lot." Ned is talking so fast that Steve doesn't even register a word he says, which is great because it means that he still doesn't know I'm trans despite Ned blabbering about it.

"Alright Ned, let's go to my room and get you calmed down." I say before pulling him away, and MJ follows. Once we're back in the lift, I tell Ned, "You can't just go around talking about me being trans! Not everyone here knows, only Tony, Nat, Bruce, and Wanda!"

"Oh shoot, sorry dude! I was just so excited to meet him that everything I was thinking kinda came out of my mouth at once."

"Yeah you really should work on that, you were basically spitting in Captain America's face." MJ says as she shuts her book forcefully.

I laugh as Ned sticks his tongue out at her, and when we get to my room we make jokes at each other for a while before ordering a pizza. 

A few hours later, Ned and MJ reluctantly leave after congratulating me again on getting a top surgery date. I'm in the middle of changing into my pajamas when Steve walks in. 

"Hey Peter, I-" he stops abruptly as he sees me tug down my big hoodie. Before he can say anything, I close the door on him and slide to the floor, thinking what have I done?

A/N- hey it's another update! Sorry for the cliff hanger! Also, if you have any requests or advice or anything, feel free to comment at any point!