ON WATTPAD: Introducing the New Clubs

7/20/20 RIP to the forums aka clubs

7/28/18

It has been in beta test for a little while now, but I'm happy to announce the new beta clubs are officially no longer beta, they're the clubs/communities. They've been renamed community but they'll probably always be clubs to me so don't be surprised if I still call them clubs as I go over them. There are a lot of changes to these new clubs and I'm going to do my best to cover everything.

First off, at the time of my starting this guide the clubs weren't officially moved over, the old clubs were still live. I'm going to do my best to remember to come back and update things depending on how they change from the beta to official, but feel free to give me a nudge if the clubs are officially launched and something doesn't match up. This is going to be broken up in to multiple chapters because of the sheer amount there is to cover. I'm not sure I'll be able to cover everything, because my memory is basically swiss cheese so I know I'll forget something, in which case feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

There is a fairly substantial learning curve to these clubs and yes, they do look a tad overwhelming at first glance. That's why I'm writing this guide in hopes of helping you navigate the new waters of the new clubs.

First I need to announce this: The clubs are now mobile responsive!

There are two ways to access them via mobile. You can do it through the discourse app or your mobile browser. They both do exactly the same thing so frankly I uninstalled the discourse app thus will be no help in guiding you to connecting them, but they are available through that app. That being said, as usual everything in this guide will be based on the web version as that's the one I use the most and it's frankly easier for me to do this guide through that. But because I do actually use the mobile browser version when I'm checking in from work, you can ask me any questions about how you want to do something I say in this guide and can't figure out how to do it on mobile. For the most part it's the same, just obviously scaled down via the mobile. At the time of my posting there is one known glitch for the mobile version in chrome, sometimes replying won't work. They're aware of the issue and trying to get it resolved. For me usually refreshing the browser works other times I have to actually navigate out of the clubs and come back.

All right, so let's get started, shall we?

In terms of functionality the new clubs do function roughly the same, but there are a lot of changes. Gone are the pages in favor of infinite scroll. That's probably the biggest change and the one I hate the most. However, there are ways to make it somewhat bearable. I'll go over at least some of those methods (maybe not all because I'm not even sure I know all of them myself) as I cover browsing the threads. First, here's a kind of broad overview of everything.

Let's start with the categories screen.