Chapter 2

Disclaimer: in this story America has yet to tell Maxon that she loves him. He has told her but she hasn't told him.

----
He looked up at me with a goofy grin that made me laugh and I couldn't help but smile back,

"America Rose Singer," he started "you never cease to amaze me. You never let anyone dull your fire instead you use it to fight back. I've known since our first fight on the first night I met you that I wanted to to be my forever. I might be a prince but I don't deserve you, you are too good for me but I will love you forever. If you can find it in your heart to be with someone who isn't as amazing at you, would you do me the honor of becoming Illéa's princess, but ever more importantly would you do me the greatest honor of becoming my wife?" Maxon's voice held so much confidence, it was as if he hadn't been planning on proposing to someone else just fifteen minutes ago.

I had tears in my eyes and was speechless so I just nodded. There were a lot of claps and a few whistles around the room. I look around and and I see my maids with big smiles. Marlee is hidden behind them, she sees me spot her and waves. I waved back. May is practically jumping out of her seat. Maxon put the ring on my finger. It was silver with diamonds and sapphire stones. Engraved in the band was Yours forever, Maxon. The ring was made for me. Even if it had been given to Kriss, it had the closing of Maxon's letters to me engraved in it.

Maxon hugged me so tightly that I had to stand on my toes to keep my balance, "I love you so much, America." He said in my ear

"I know." I replied smiling even more. He put me down and pulled me close before kissing me with so much love and compassion.

The whole crowd continued go cheer and clap. The back doors opened and everyone was ushered out of the room to the grand ballroom for the engagement party. Maxon and I went to follow but were stopped by the king stomping over to us,

"Are you an idiot?" Clarkson growled at Maxon