I've always hated my brother

Your eyes shot open at the sound of a door slamming shut. Sitting straight up you looked around the room, you had been asleep for seven hours. Your heart ached at this, your opportunity was gone, and from the sound of it it seems Terrance had just gotten back from work. You bolted up, pushing the items that were in your bag on the ground. The thought of you missing your appointment with that artist had come up in your head again but you quickly pushed it aside, It was becoming less and less a priority. You gently pushed you ear against the door, listening for were Terrance could be walking towards in the house. He was getting close, you quietly rushed to your bed and laid down, facing away from the door, pretending to sleep. A key jingled, then the door creaked open.

Terrance slowly stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He inched his way towards you, eventually taking a seat at the foot of your bed. You backed up, making your way to the other side of the piece of furniture. His eyes were saddened by this.

"I just got back from work and one of my classes..." he mumbled, circling his finger around the beds surface. He slowly made eye contact with you. The honey tinted glow of his cheeks put the innocent mask back on his face and confused you non the less. How could someone act so differently so fast?

"I...I missed you...." he continued. He hesitated to lift up his hand, he reached out for your cheek but you flinched away. His arm retreated and he averted his gaze. "I'm assuming you want your phone back."

You silently nodded. He made a grunting sound as he sunk deeper into your mattress. "Listen... I can't give you that back, if you call the police on me I won't be able to see you again, and...I need to be able to see you everyday." He pauses as he thought on his next speech, "I need to have you with me every day now." He stood up and began pacing.

"I was hoping to get into a relationship with you for the longest time... but I made a dumb mistake, and now you're probably afraid of me and I ruined everything."

He stopped pacing and looked at you again, he got on his knees and sat at your feet. "It's just...my brother ruins every good thing I've ever gotten in my life and I was just so overwhelmed with emotions and with you being at my home and I panicked." You wanted to back up from him again but you also wanted to show at least some bit of sympathy. There was scilence for a few moments then he finally stood up and cleared his throat. "I'm goin to get some food for the both of us, while I'm out..." he glazed his fingers across the bedframe, "please think about all the good things I've done... I just, want you to trust me, and I want to trust that you won't call the cops on me." His glazing over the bed frame soon turned into a firm grip, "If you were to do that then I wouldn't be able to see you again." Silence entered the room again and he left, you plopped onto the bed again and signed. You can't get too angry at him, he was right, if you focused on the good things about him, well he's great, but, you're not planning on doing that. Walking towards the door you tried lean up against it to hear if he had left yet, but putting pressure on the door let it slip open a crack.

"He left it unlocked..." you thought to yourself, wether or not this was an accident you were unsure of, but you decided now would be the best time to leave. Stepping back into his hallway you saw the sunset of the next day beam throughout the apartment. You began making your way to the dinning room to find your phone. The dinning room table was clean and you couldn't find your wallet or phone anywhere on the counter. You looked in some covers and under some cushions of the couch to see if he hid them in there but nothing popped up. Now walking back into the hallway you were going to check the other rooms. You walked past the guest room you were trapped in and began to hear some grunting. You stopped in your tracks and looked around for what could've been making that noise. You put your ear to the door next to the guest room and knew immediately the grunting was coming from in there. You rattled the door knob but it was locked. The grunting began to grow louder so you went back to the kitchen were you remembered seeing a junk draw, inside you were able to find a bobby pin and ran back to the door. You jiggled the pin into the keyhole and after a bit of struggle you were able to unlock the door, swinging it open your eyes widened as you were met with Terrance's brother, hands tied  to a dryer pipe and mouth tied shut as he struggled on the ground of the laundry room.

His raised his eyebrows in frustration and you ran over to him to take out the cloth that was shoved in his mouth. He gasped for some air, he took a few deep breaths in as he calmed down and looked out from the door into the hallway, "I've always hated my brother." He mumbled.