It's Time

***Ava's P.O.V

   I'm surprised the next day when I hear a knock and see a bunch of humans at my door step. "Hi! Can I help you?" I knew it was time for them to go, so I didn't know what they were doing here.

   Henry Harper steps forward and smiles. I'd always liked Henry. Even if he was a hard headed fool. "Well . . . Ava, we wanted to be able to say goodbye. And apologize for how we reacted yesterday." He gestures behind them and my eyes widen at seeing everyone here.  

   "Hey, babe. Who's at the . . . that's a lat of people in my front yard." As soon as Dazz sees everyone he turns on his heel and walks to his room. Firmly closing his door behind him. Wimp. He then seems to remember that he has to stay with me since they are here and comes out with a curse. I smirk and turn back to Henry and the others.

   "No need to apologize. I expected it." I shrug and try to cover the hurt that I still felt from yesterday. Dazz wraps an arm around my waist and I smile back at him. 

   "Yes, there is. You've never done anything to hurt us. You nearly died to get one kid off of the ship and have been with us through every crisis. We shouldn't have acted like you were a monster and we're sorry for that." I smile and move out of Dazz's arms.

   "Yes, I've always been there for you, but that time is over. I'll still see all of you from time to time, but I must stay here from now on. And, for that, I am sorry. It was a hard decision that I didn't take lightly. Now I must be there for the Guerra and I can not take care of all of you at the same time."

   He nods. "We understand that. It breaks our hearts, but we understand it." I smile and lean forward to hug him, when I stepped back I felt Dazz arms go back around me and he pulled me to his chest firmly. I glanced back and saw him glaring daggers at Henry. I elbow him in the stomach, but don't pull away.

   "Not to be rude, but is everyone here?" 

   Colin came out of nowhere, yanking me from Dazz and spinning me in a huge bear hug. "Because we've come to say bye. We're gonna miss you, Aves." I smile and wrap my arms around Colin. 

   "I'm gonna miss you guys, too. So much." I hear Dazz grumble behind us about so many men trying to take what's his. A shoot him a look, then turn back to Colin. He puts me down and someone else comes up behind me to wrap their arms around me. I look down and see the bracelet I'd given to Danielle when we were five. It was made from braided string from one of shirts and pieces of her parents bones. We had always thought the bones of our ancestors was good luck and a great way to hold onto our heritage. I had one with bones from my parents, too. And one day I will add Milo's bones to it as well.

   "You better come visit us, girl. Else I'll come all the way here and beat you to death with a pillow." The bad thing was . . . she'd actually try it. I turn and hug her back.

   "You won't have to. Every chance I get, my butt will be on that planet. Promise. But that might be a while from now."

   She sighs and pulls away. "I know. I sure as heck don't like it, but I know." And so it went on. One after another, everybody came up to me and said their good byes. I wasn't ashamed to feel tears prick my eyes when the kids gave me hand made cards or when I finally said bye to Colin.

   Dazz, Leo, Milo and I walked with them to the panic pods. Milo and I, because we wanted to see them off. Dazz, because he wanted to be with me. And Leo, because he had to. I handed them their stuff once they got into the pods and stepped back. The doors closed and I pressed my hands against the glass. Colin and Danielle each pressed a hand to the glass to match mine. 

   "I'll miss you," I whisper, then I walk back to the others. I lean back against Dazz and he holds me to him again.

   "You okay?" I sigh and nod.