Chapter 6

JANE'S P.O.V

"I'll pass, thank you." I groaned from my blanket.

"Who said you have a choice?"

Mark, my little brother, suddenly had one purpose of the day. It was to drag me out of this warm blanket. It would be a big no-no, of course, but my body was just this pinky-finger tiny compared to his muscly feature.

"Jane! Come on, open your eyes."

"I can't."

"You should."

"What's it with the tournament anyway? You can go by yourself. You always did."

"You don't understand."

The young man really insisted. In fact, he has been begging me to come with him since earlier of the week. So I opened my eyes a bit, which made him relieved.

"Try me."

"Oh yes, you're alive." He breathed out. "I... You know, I need to bring a date."

"A date?!" I laughed so hard, bet the neighbors should have been irritated by now. "You shake my freaking bed to ask me out?"

"See? You'll mock, I know."

"I don't mock, Markie. But where's she?"

"Whoever the 'she' you refer to, has disappeared." Mark pouted. "It's a yes or no?"

I played it a little hard for the nineteen-year-old guy. But of course I finally gave in. Lived only with him in this house since our parents traveled a lot, I realized I have grown so many weak spots for him.

"But a cup of frozen yoghurt first, and I'm not joking on this one."

"With double shots of cookie dough sauce? Done. You're the love of my life, sis." Mark ruined my hair and kissed me in the forehead; our routine.

I let him close my door first before I got on my feet and fixed the bed. Hair bun up, ready for shower. It was eight in the morning, the sun has fully shined out. I chose the suitable outfit for beach volley date with the brother.

I just sounded that miserable; a date with the brother.

"Yes, you look awesome." Mark smirked. "They'll go crazy on us."

"And you're going to introduce me as ...?"

"Only if I had to, a virtual date thing that goes right."

"Hahaha. You're lucky we aren't look alike."

Mark grabbed his car key and drove to the beach. I could feel the hot air kissed my skin so brutally, I was already dying for the soothing air conditioner.

"Mark," I groaned.

"Hmm?"

"When did your volley tournament turn into a partner show-off party?"

Mark pouted. "I promised to them that if we got to compete in the final, I would bring Sasha along. They don't believe I dated her."

"Oh, here we go." I stole his cap. "So, her name is Sasha."

"The gone Sasha." He nodded and raised an eyebrow.

"Why did she leave you?"

"Sis, why now?" Mark just took his cap and put back on. "I just need to introduce you to them. And you're free to go. A good five minutes is all I ask."

"Relax, darling. I can stay longer. I'm the new Sasha after all." I chuckled and winked at him but replied with an eye-roll.

Mark turned right to the beach's parking lot. My little brother has been into any kinds of sports, and beach volley was one of them. Safe to say I was actually a proud sister who grew up watching him strike the tournament every time. So, in spite of the burning hot day, I had no problem staying longer for the baby bro.