My first friend

2018. Februar 21.

  The next day at the hostel I was burried myself in emails and literally anything which made it possible to avoid eyecontact with well...anybody. I felt too embarrassed afterall what happened. The guy eventually left so I only made a scene for nothing. However it didn't go as bad as I expected it. Few hours passed when a girl from Turkey came up to me. Directly to me, actually.
- Sorry for disturbing you but can I have a question?
- Yeah, for sure. It's...it's my job. - I replied and she offered me a smile.
- So, I was wandering how can I get to Heros' square? And when I change from one subway to another should I validate a new ticket?
- Erm, here-here's the map. I'll show you.
During my explanation she often said aha with a typical turkish intonation which honestly is really cute.
- Thanks, and...how are you?
- Me? I'm...
- After yeyterday, you know.
- Yeah, well. It's okay. - I shrugged.
- I felt so sorry for you. That man was really harsh with you. But I was relieved when your boyfriend came to get you.
- Boyfried? - I asked in astonishment.
- Boyfriend? - my coworker, Nora's head shot up.
- No, he's definately not my boyfriend. - I tried to make it clear but as soon as I uttered the sentence Nora's and the turkish girl's eyes met.
- Really?
- Yeah, he...he's just my flatmate.
- Really? - they asked again and their voice began to rise in an annoying way. - You say that you live with that gorgeous man?
- Yeah, that's true. - I replied, and they gasped.
- OMG! How lucky you are!
- He's pretty handsome, I can admit it but...
- Have you thought about it? - Nora asked with a smile.
- About what?
- You know, you and him getting together and shit? - when my face turned horrified Nora laughed out loud.
- No! Absolutely no!
- Shame on you, darling. - the turkish girl said and winked. - Thanks for your advice, by the way. See you later, girls!
We watched her make her to the door, said goodbyes again and when I heared her steps on the stairs I almost collepsed.
- So - Nora looked at me - he's your flatmate. Then why did you asked me to call him?
- I don't have anybody else here. I've just moved from the countryside.
- I see. - she said. - Maybe I can help with that.
- What do you mean?
- We could hang out sometime, get to know each other, shit like that.
- Oh, yeah! I would really appreciate it! - my face brightened up immediately. - Would you like to go shopping with me this weekend?
- This weekend, huh? Probably I can make some time for it. Shopping is life, I'm telling you. - she said laughing. - what are we looking for though?
- I need something to go out for a bad ass party, or something. - I mumbled.
- really? I thought you didn't have anybody else than...
- He invited me. With his friends, I guess.
- We might just have a jack pot in our hands, baby!
She went crazy about the topic but the benefit of all about this partying thing is that it got us closer and I made my first friend. Maybe it's really true what she said. Maybe parties aren't the worst thing that could happen to me.
                              ***
Hey guys, sorry for making you wait so much!! Still I hope you enjoyed it :)