The Truth Unveiled

CHAPTER 7

Two months had passed since his family had gone. So far, Rin had improved his fighting skills with the help of Ace. Kuromi just spent the majority of his time with Damian, in the kitchens or music studio, rarely coming to the training halls except for once a week, and that too for two or three hours at most.

Sadly, the only noise he would hear, would be coming from Ace, yelling at his poor little siblings. Despite them being extremely irritating, they were still his brother and sister.

To make it worse, they could not even say anything to Ace. If, by accident, they slipped up with a task, he would unleash all his fury on them. Scold them, taunt them or-in moments of wild temper-slip into his true forms.

This would be the point where the other three intervened. Rin would calm him down whilst Damian and Kuromi would comfort Luke and Lumina. But today was different. Ever since yesterday, when via phone, Ashleigh had rejected the proposal of Adrian Engrande, his other sister was no where to be seen or hear

. . . . . . .

Lumina's body was aching all over. Just because of what had occurred last night. She shuddered as the memory reappeared in her mind.

. . . . . . .

When she was sure that all of them were asleep, Lumina had sneaked into Jake's room and from there, to his lair through the secret passage. This practice was being carried out on a regular basis and tonight too, he was there. Waiting for her.

But this time around, Lumina felt a strange, dark aura around him which slightly intimidated her. Lumina, turn back. It is not safe. Please, you have no idea what you are falling into. Came the voice. Lumina felt as if she should listen to it...Then again, maybe not. Nevertheless, she approached him.

"You're late, you stupid brat!" he spat. This confused her to quite an extent for Jake had never been rude to her. He was the kindest brother who would always e gentle when it came to her. Even Ashleigh did not receive as much of his affection as Lumina did. That is......when he was still a part of the living.

"But Brother, you know that Ace has returned and warned me against telling him about you!" she replied.

Suddenly, he grabbed her wrist tightly making her yelp in pain. "To hell with Ace! I spend my precious time to help you save the kingdom and revive me, but you are not even ready to start! Furthermore, Ashleigh refused Adrian!" he yelled.

Hearing him, all of Lumina's confusion was overcome by anger. "Excuse me?! What is wrong with you?! I HAVE been working on the mission! You instructed me to team up with those whom I trust, and I DID! Luke, Damian, Ashleigh and I have already begun the preparations! And what I would LIKE to know, is that what does this have to do with that goddamn ADRIAN?!?!" she yelled.

The next moment, Lumina was on the ground, her body screaming in pain. He had slapped her.

"Get LOST!!" Jake shrieked. Tears threatening to spill, she ran till she entered her and Luke's bedroom, and muffled her cries in her pillow.

. . . . . . .

Wincing, Lumina made her way to the training premises. Before entering, she looked at her reflection in the hallway mirror. Bruises had appeared on the side of her cheek, and on her wrist. In order to hide them, she opened her hair so they would cover the injury on her face and pulled down her sleeve.