Chapter 11 - pappa brods

The next morning I woke up with my friends gone, and all of the mess last night was cleaned up. I sighed as I checked the time, seeing it was 1 pm. I groaned and got out of bed, in Jacks sweatshirt and a pair of Nike pros. I went downstairs to see all of my brothers having lunch together, and my dad no where to be found.

"Morning guys." I said with a forced smile. They all looked overly estatic for a strange reason. Not that I don't want them to be happy, but with everything that happened yesterday, it's just a little bit weird. Max was sitting there very quietly which was also kind of unusual.

"Heyyy Ava, Annabella, my favorite sister in the whole wide world!" Jermey exclaimed. I laughed at his sudden outburst, "What has gotten into you guys?"

"Well." Ant said, starting to clear some of the plates, "A nurse from the doctors office called us, and said that the doctor that you had was fired, and when the new doctor came in and looked at your case, he said that there are no more bone fragments. You're knee is actually hurting because a piece of your knee is chipped off and is rubbing against all of your ligaments and muscles." He said with a secretly freakish smirk.

My eyes widened, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I said with my heart racing.

"Well, he said that it will be a small incision and they glue it through the incision, so it will be 4 days recovery at the Max! ITS AN AMAZING THING!" He yelled and got up and hugged me.

I screeched and jumped up and down, "Where's dad? I need to tell him right now!" I said happily and the room got silent.

"We tried to wake him this morning" Alex said. "Yeah, and he was still really upset and didn't want to talk to anyone, so we saw his phone ringing and brought it to Ant and it turned out to be the doctors." John finished

I frowned and nodded, heading upstairs with a determined idea to get him out of bed. It's time to be like Connor, a little bit inspirational.

I opened his door and saw all of Gens stuff in the corner of the room in boxes. He was sitting in a chair by his window, just looking outside.
I sat next to him in another chair and he looked at me and smiled, "Hey"

"Dad, I know you're hurting right now, but I need you to be here for my brothers right now, especially Max. He looked super upset at lunch today and someone needs to actually explain the whole Gen thing to him." I said, sitting up a little bit straighter.

He shook his head at me, "I'm sorry Annabella, but I can't face all of you guys right now. I can't accept the fact that I had to put you guys through another mother that ruined our lives again." He said as a tear slid down his face, "I can't believe i did that to you guys again."

"Dad." I said, getting up and rubbing his shoulder, "You didn't ruin anything. We completely understand that you're hurting, but it's not your fault. Please don't blame that on yourself because that's not your fault at all."

He gave me a light nod and I spoke up again, "And plus, a wise man once told me that the fact that you're going through something like this, makes you ten times stronger than everyone else." I said, quoting his words from yesterday.

He let another tear slide down his face, but I think it was from happiness this time, "This is why you're my favorite daughter of all time." He said with a laugh and stood up hugging me.

"Oh and the doctors office called your phone." I said getting his attention again. He raised his eyebrows telling me to continue, "They said that they fired that douchebag, and when a new doctor looked at my files he said that the first time was bone fragments, but this time it was a piece of my knee that was sticking out so all they have to do is make a small incision and glue it back on." I said and his eyes widened in shock.