chapter 20 - so am i

JUNE 2019

Ahhhh, June. Today is draft day and I'm a wreck. I hadn't completely gotten over Jack, but it's been enough for me to not cry or since when I hear his name. Well, at least on the outside, because on the inside my heartbreaks each time.

I haven't been able to pull my self to read another letter though. They keep reopening wounds and I don't think that's best for me. Recently my life has been eat, sleep, and hockey (FaceTime Trevor and Connor). That's all I've been doing and it's been getting me by so far.

avabrodeur all my bffs are getting drafted today🥺299,647 likestagged; (all NTDP boys except Jack)

299,647 likes
tagged; (all NTDP boys except Jack)

                                   Comments

alexturcotte OMG WE SEE U TODAY
cmcdavid awww my lil sis
spencerknight YES YES YES YES
trevorzegras CAN I SEE U ALREADY
user1 ur such an inspiration
user2 #firstgirltoplayhockey
coleclaufied #see u soon
user3 girls shouldn't be allowed to play
user4 puck bunny
dylanstrome princess is poppin

I smiled and headed out of my hotel. Will and I we're going to meet up with all of boys outside of the arena first, and then meet my dad inside. Bad news is... we had to take our brothers with us.

I got in my Jeep and headed to the stadium that was about ten minutes away. My hand was bouncing up and down on the steering wheel and Will tapped my arm, "You need to relax. It's going to be okay if you see him. Things will work out I promise." He said calmly, "And if you can't stand being around him for more than a second, then I'll drive you home myself." Will said making me smile, "Thanks, you're the best."

We finally pulled up to the spot and all of the boys were standing there. I got out of the car and Max was sleeping, so I picked him up and carried him over with me. Alex and John instantly ran over and hugged the boys.

"Ava!!!!" Trevor screeched, causing Max to open his eyes a little bit. He looked around and I put him down and he went and hugged Spencer. I looked back at Trevor and ran to him, hugging him with all of my might.

"Oh my god Trev I literally haven't talked to you in forever!" I said happily and he let out a laugh, "I called you last night silly." He said in a playful tone and I rolled my eyes.

I then saw Spencer, "Oh my God Spence, you literally grew a foot taller look at you!" I said, messing up his hair and he blushed, hugging me back.

"And look at you Quintin." I said to Quinn and he laughed at my use of his full name, "Dont you look dashing!" I said playfully making him laugh.

I then went up a couple of stairs and saw Alex and Cole. Someone in front of them had their back to me, but the second that Alex and Cole saw me, they ditched that person and ran up to me.

"Ohmygoshava!" Cole squealed like a little girl hugging me tight.
"You're actually here! I thought you were joking about coming to Vancouver!" Alex said, hugging me tight and not letting me go.

I laughed, "Well my dad had to come for work, so I decided why not come and see my best friends while I have the chance."

Alex then grabbed his phone, "Spencer come take a pic of us pleaseeee." He said sounding like a little boy. Spencer chuckled and came over by me Alex and Cole, taking the phone.

I was in between both boys and I smiled for one picture, then stuck my tongue out for the other. When I saw the pictures they actually looked really cute.

"Ava" max called me, but when I turned around, I bumped into someone.

A tall, muscular arm reached out and steadied my arms, and when I made eye contact with those ocean blue eyes, I fell in love again.

"Jack" I said, letting out a breath of relief. I can't even explain to you why I did that.

He looked at me shocked, "Annabella" he said, clearing his throat.
After an awkward moment of silence, I spoke up, "How are you doing?"
He gave me a sad smile and let his voice crack, "Honestly, not that good" he said, making my heart shatter for the millionth time.

I frowned and looked down, "Me neither." Max then ran up to me, rubbing his eyes. "Avey, I'm tired."
I smiled at him and picked him up in my arms, letting his head rest on shoulder and slowly close his eyes.

Jack smiled at me as I spoke up, "I uh, do you wnat to go and talk in private somewhere?" I questioned and he nodded.

I led us to the car, and put Max in his car seat in the back, with a random blanket I found in the back of my truck.

I got into the drivers seat and Jack got into the passengers seat.
"Jack I'm sorry." I said right off the bat and he just listened, "I'm an asshole for giving up on our relationship and just ending it without an explanation"

He sighed and shook his head, "Are you kidding me Annabella, you have nothing to say sorry for, I'm the idiot that just walked out like that. I should've tried to talk to you." He said with a frown.

I groaned, "So what does that mean?" I asked kind of hopefully.
"That I'm ready and okay for anything that you wnat" he said said with a small smile.

I frowned and looked down, "Jack are you sure, because I was being selfish and-" he cut me off by placing his lips on mine.

It was a soft, and sweet kiss, the type of kiss that you remember and want to remember forever.
He pulled away and left his forehead resting on mine, "I'm at still so in love with you Annabella"

"Good cause so am I"