Chapter Seventeen: Jealousy

Your POV

"I think this is the last of them," Jake says while sitting a couple bags of chips onto the counter beside me.

"Thanks," I reply while opening the bags.

I start pouring the chips into bowls and spreading them across the counter. I finish pouring the last bag and wipe my slightly greasy hands off on the dish towel by the stove. When I turn back to the counter, Jake is leaning against it, staring at me.

"What?" I ask while hopping onto the counter.

"Nothing. Just admiring my view," he says with a smile while walking to stand in between my legs.

I lay my arms across Jake's broad shoulders and play with the ends of his hair. Letting out a tired sigh, I let my head hang down lazily, my hair falling in front of my eyes. A few seconds later I'm greeted with Jake moving the hair out of my face and looking up at me. He smiles brightly, causing me to let out a quiet laugh.

"(Y/n)."

"Yeah Jake?"

Jake slowly moves his hand from the side of my face to the back of my head. Lightly pulling my head down, he places his other hand on my hip. He stops just a few inches away from my face. His gaze drifts back and forth between my eyes and my lips.

"I love you," he says softly before closing the gap in between us.

As his warm lips press against mine only one word can describe how it feels.

Different.

Kissing Jake is nothing like kissing the others. His lips aren't stone like mine. His skin isn't ice cold like mine. He isn't invincible like me.

For the first time ever, I'm the one who has to worry about hurting someone. Jake is fragile. He can be severely injured. I have to restrain myself with him. And in this moment..

He's making it very hard to do that.

His warm lips are like a drug to me. Like my own personal ecstasy. Something about his fragile state makes him intoxicating. It's so hard to resist my desires. After a few minutes he pulls away, out of breath.

Oh. Right.

He still has to breathe.

Oops.

"Talk about a first kiss," Jake says through breaths, his face turning slightly pink.

I laugh and nudge his shoulder, causing him to take a step back. I jump off the counter and brush past Jake towards the kitchen doorway.

"I'll have to agree with that," I say with a wink before speeding up to my bedroom.

I shut the door behind me and walk over to my closet, rummaging through the hundred of outfits Esme has bought me over the past few months.

I pull out a pair of cut off black shorts and slip them on. I throw on a white KISS shirt and tie it into a knot. I pull my hair into a side braid and let it hang off my shoulder. Slipping on some white converse, I hear leaves crunching a mile or two away.

The pack is here.

Readjusting my shorts, I speed down the stairs to meet the boys. As I do, I slam into a stone cold pillar, falling back onto the ground. Shaking my head I stand back up quickly.