CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29

"So, that's what you get for ignoring me?" Essus said.

"Look, it doesn't have to be the one who took Meena," would Essus stop rubbing his face in it, Aaron thought.

"He has to at least be related to this."

"Even if I had taken you seriously, you really believe we would have captured him before this happened, in just one week."

"We might have."

"We'll find her."

"How? You don't have any clues, the spells aren't working."

"I am investigating, we'll find a clue sooner or later, why isn't Raven helping, he is good at this sort of work, finding clues, following trails, but when I went to him, he said you have given him time off."

"He didn't tell you why?"

"No."

"He is... unwell. I gave him time to rest, recover."

"What's wrong with him?" Aaron asked concerned.

"You are worried about him? Didn't you call him the most irritating Raven just last month and said that you wished you were allowed to kill him,"

"I didn't mean that he is my friend."

"It's not important, he'll recover soon, you can ask Helen, she'll tell you."

"Okay," he said a little confused.

"Any news about our sleeping beauty?" Essus asked Helen as she walked in the room, "No, My Lord, unfortunately, she is still asleep, her family's blood didn't help."

Essus sighed, he knew he should have done something more when he spotted someone spying in his lands, he made a silent promise to himself to never ignore his instincts again.