CHAPTER 35

“Where were you? I was worried, did you have to go yourself?” Carmela said, as soon as they appeared in Helen’s rooms.

“Who told you where we were?” asked Essus.

    “You really thought I wouldn’t find out? You would go on a dangerous mission and I wouldn’t know, do you think I care so little for you?”

    “Of course not, my Miley, I know how much you love me, but we didn’t tell anyone where we were going, who told you?”

    “The demi feys…”

    “Oh, well you shouldn’t have worried, it was hardly a dangerous mission, there was only one enemy there and was hardly a match for me alone, let alone for all of us.”

    “You didn’t know there would be only one, there could have been a trap for you!”

    “Perhaps, but my subjects needed me,”

“You could have sent others, all the Ravens if it was needed, what else are they there for? but you wanted to go, didn’t you? Solve the mystery of the stranger yourself whom you spotted?” her tone was accusatory.

    “I am fine, sweet heart, see?” he walked towards her and kissed her lips lightly which she reluctantly allowed.

    “Are you alright?” Helen turning to  Meena, Niccy and Fiona “I am sure you were hurt in the battle, before we came, come with me, I’ll take care of you.”

“We are fine, you came in just in time” Fiona said. “Thank you. You are always so considerate.” Essus and Carmela had walked out of the room, along with Aaron.

Fiona looked at Helen, tears filling her eyes, “Helen, you are much closer to Esssus than I am, he respects you, loves you, please talk to him, plead for Niccy, he just couldn’t leave Meena to her fate, we never would have found her in time to save her if he didn’t come to Heaven for the tracking spell, Aaron couldn’t find her.”

“I’ll try… but…”

“Please,” said Meena, she knelt before Helen, “I beg you, Our King would listen to you, please save my Niccy, he came back to Heaven for me, to save me, I would rather be dead than see him punished because of me…” 

“Calm down, Meena, get up” Helen put her hands on Meena’s shoulders and helped her to her feet “I’ll try, don’t worry so much, I am sure Essus will understand, without his helo we couldn’t have found you and you said you have important information about what Jasper wanted, maybe he’ll be pleased with that.”

Niccy shook his head, “He told me that if I ever returned, ever broke the rules of my exile he would make my fate an example for others, I would wish I had never been born,” Meena gasped, “He won’t forgive me, the best I can hope for is a quick death, if I had the means to do it, I would end my life right now. Maybe you can help me, you have those herbs, too many of which can work as a poison…”

“Niccy…” Meena cried “Why did you come? Do you think i wanted you to sacrifice yourself for me?”

“No, but I did, don’t cry Meena,knowing that you are alive and well is enough for me.”

“Well, it’s not for me, Helen, Fiona we’ll all go to His Majesty, beg him to have mercy…”

“He won’t care Meena,” Niccy turned to her, rubbing her back, trying to comfort her.

“Aren’t you scared?” Fiona asked him softly.

“I am trying not to think about it, will you help me Helen? He won’t punish you… he loves you”

I am not going to help you find a poison so you can kill yourself, Niccy, you know I don’t believe in suicide.” 

“Well, this is an exception.”

“Everyone who wants to kill themselves thinks their situation is an exception, besides I don’t believe Essus will give you a fate worse than death for coming here to save your Meena’s life, he is not that cruel.”

“Helen…”

Aaron came back into the room, “The King summons you, Niccy.”

Niccy’s face drained of color, “Aaron…”

“C’ mon, he doesn’t seem that angry..”

“I’ll go with you.” said Fiona. “Aaron come with us, talk to Essus, he’ll forgive anyone if you ask him…”

“I have asked him already, he told me to mind my own business and not try to influence his every decision, and no you can’t come, he specifically told me to make sure Niccy’s overly concerned girlfriends don’t come with him to the chamber, Essus wants to see Niccy alone. He came closer to Niccy and put a hand on his shoulder, “I am sorry I invited you to the festival, he gave you the warning to never return because of that I thought he missed you after so many years… I was wrong, C’mon my friend, don’t be so afraid, he doesn’t seem angry and… he is merciful, just come and apologize to him, don’t suggest a punishment like you did last time and the time before that, he wants you to say you made a  mistake, not justify it, ask him for forgiveness, c’mon you’ll be fine.”

“Alright..” Niccy turned to Meena, and kissed her, putting his arms around her, embracing her one last time.

“Niccy..” she began.

“I have to go, I love you, more than my life, my spirit will be with you always, goodbye, my love” then he turned and he and Aaron left the room.

Meena stared after them, tears running down her cheeks, Helen put her arms around her and she collapsed against her, sobbing.

HeavenlyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara