17

His room smelt of lavender and a touch of cinnamon–the two scents he loved. 

Olivia lounged on the sofa opposite the bed, She crossed her legs and placed her phone on her laps, her earpods plugged in her ears.she was watching A Billion Galaxies, the latest Indian blockbuster movie that everyone was talking about. She had decided to see what everyone saw about it and she had not been disappointed, the screenplay was good, picture quality was amazing and the suspense was great. 

Dozie sat behind her, reading The Richest Man in Babylon on his phone but he could see what she was watching. 

Derek was navigating through the Binance app on his phone vying for crypto deals and on his laptop, he was sealing up a crypto deal with a client. 

Olivia stirred and brought the phone closer, the movie was at the point where Kris had been kidnapped. 

“Kris’ sister is behind the kidnap,” Dozie revealed. “She's jealous of her relationship with Anush.”

Olivia frowned and threw a pillow on his face. 

“What?” Dozie snapped, instinctively moving back. 

Olivia hissed. “You have dropped spoilers, now, I won't enjoy the movie anymore.”

Dozie threw the pillow on the bed. “Girls,” he muttered and shook his head. 

Derek averted his gaze to them. “Both of you are so noisy and childish. Please allow me work. ” 

Olivia hissed and stood up, she stopped the movie and disconnected her earpod from the phone, then she placed the phone on the bed and placed a hands on her hip. “What's available to eat, the daughter of God is hungry oh.” she asked Derek and eyed Dozie. 

“Nothing, Jane should be here any moment from now to cook.” Derek replied, his gaze fixed on the phone. 

“There’s always food in the house, what happened today?” she asked. 

“I don't know Olivia, but Jane will be coming to cook,” Derek replied with weary resignation. “You can order food from Jumia if you cannot wait.”

Olivia sucked in a breath. “That reminds me, I'm craving samosa and spring rolls.” 

“Samosa and spring rolls?” Dozie let out a chuckle. “Is that what you want to eat? Girls.” he muttered, shaking his head again. 

Olivia hissed and turned to Derek. “Derek, are you interested in eating spring rolls and samosa?” 

“Yes,” Derek lifted up his shoulder in a half shrug. “Thank you.”

Olivia reached out for her phone and logged into Jumia food app, she ordered some samosas and spring rolls. 

Moments later, the power was restored. Dozie did a dance and rushed to the sitting room. 

“You’re so childish,” Derek muttered, standing up and walking towards the sitting room. 

When he got to the sitting room, Dozie was already seated and the TV was booting. He waited patiently till  it was done booting, Henry Danger began to play. It was at the point where Charlotte had just discovered that Henry was Kid Danger. 

Dozie turned to Dozie and began to laugh raucously.

“What?” Derek asked, befuddled. 

“Who's childish now?” Dozie jabbed him playfully. “When did you start watching Nickelodeon shows?”

Derek gave a nonchalant shrug. “Since Junior came here.”

There was a brief pause. 

“Who's Junior?” Dozie asked, creasing his forehead.