Chapter Five

At the fan meeting, Lisa is like a new stranger to Jennie. She does as nothing has happened between them these few weeks.

She grins from time to time like a comedy show playing in front of her. That also makes the other two confused as well.

As they come back from the event today, all of them are settled down in the living room for the first time in a while. Jisoo and Jennie are on the couch playing with their phones. Jennie is texting with someone while Jisoo deepens her head with an addictive game on her phone.

Rosé and Lisa are on the floor. Rosé is eating her noodles, and Lisa is petting Leo and Luca. She looks more contented and calm which doesn't escape from the latter gaze.

"Don't get me wrong, Lisa. But, I really wonder what makes you this happy and so relaxed." Rosé whispers to Lisa as if she is afraid that the others would hear.

Lisa grins at her mischievously as she hands Rosé her phone. "What's-" Before she can ask, she gasps in shock as she sees the picture on the screen. "OMG, Who's this? She is so beautiful." She exclaims, catching Jennie and Jisoo's attention.

"She's Somi," Lisa says and shrugs it off. "And, why do you have her photo on your phone?" Chaeng adds. That makes Jennie feel uncomfortable about the topic, but she tries to act normal as if she didn't hear anything.

"I have met her at the bar. Remember when both of you went dancing, I sat alone, and we exchanged our phone numbers." She smirks to the latter.

The news breaks Jennie's heart into pieces even though she acts like she doesn't hear anything, but the truth is she heard it all. She clenches her phone so hard to suppress the unknown pain, but it only increases when Lisa says, "She asked me to go out  with her, today."

"What?!" Jennie asks, making all of them look at her in confusion. "Who says you can go out?" She adds. Jennie doesn't know why all of these words come out of her mouth. It's wrong, but she can't help it.

"What do you mean, unnie?" Lisa retorts angrily. "You aren't trying to be my mom, right?" She says with no emotion on her face, causing Jennie to become more irritating.

"I am not your mom, of course. I am sorry." She says, storming to her room.

"Lisa, I don't think you should have said that to her. She cares about you." Rosé says.

"Care for me?" Lisa laughs sarcastically. "Look, I try to forget her, and now, she does like she really cares for me. How can I move on, huh?"

Jisoo closes her eyes slightly before opening them again and looks at the blonde, "Lisa, I think you should give her some time to think and to find what she truly wants. I can see through her eyes. She indeed cares for you." She utters before she pats Lisa's shoulder and goes to her room.

Jennie pushes her door open, locking it behind and running to her bed, crying her heart out.

She doesn't know why she feels so painful when she heard the blonde talking about others. It's like someone stabbing a small needle into her heart. Every word she utters is a blade cutting her skin into something that she doesn't even know. Every sarcasm she tells Jennie is like a handful of salt pouring on her old wounds.

And.

It's so damn hurt.

Suddenly, she heard someone knocking on her door. She sighs and refuses to open it, but it doesn't stop.

A few seconds later, she goes to open the door because she knows that person won't stop knocking, "Can't you see I don't want someone inside my room?" She yells to the person in front of her.

The last person she wants to confront right now. Lisa says, "Look, I come here to say sorry. I just didn't feel well. Sorry, unnie."

Jennie doesn't reply to her, looking away, heaving a deep sigh, and grabbing the latter by her shoulders before hugging her tightly.

Lisa is taken aback by Jennie's action, so she just stands there, not knowing what to do until she hears the latter crying on her shoulder. "Lisa, I-"

"Shhh, it's okay, Nini," Lisa says, making Jennie light up a bit because of her nickname. She doesn't know how much she misses it until the blonde calls her again.

"I am sorry," Lisa utters lightly as she strokes Jennie's hair, and another hand hugs her back.

Jennie sobs harder, but not because of hurt, it's because of the warmth that she misses so much.

"I won't do it again. Stop crying." Lisa feels so bad, seeing Jennie crying. She hates seeing her in this state the most, yet she is the one who causes it.

Jennie breaks off the hug and looks at Lisa, with her bloodshot eyes, "Promise, okay?"

"Promise," Lisa says, bringing both of her hands on Jennie's shoulders, "Show me your smile," She flashes her beautiful smile to Jennie.

Jennie beams at her, making the blonde grin even more. "Wanna watch movies?" Jennie asks.  They used to watch movies together at night and eat something that Jennie cooks, but they haven't done it since Jennie started dating.

"Um-" Lisa hesitates. "Oh, I forgot that you have a date," Jennie says as she looks away with sadness in her eyes.

"I will call off, okay? We will have movies tonight." Lisa says, trying to cheer her up. She decides to be with the brunette tonight because she wants to make up for making her crying and hurt.

She will strive to shut her heart and starts with something that will bring them both back to a happy relationship even if it means to consider Jennie as her sister.

Yet, Jennie thinks otherwise, smiling on Lisa's shoulders. She knows her choice now. Heaving a deep sigh of relief, she hugs the blonde tightly one last time before releasing her. She goes to the kitchen to cook something for their movie night.

Ring Ring.

Jennie picks up her phone, seeing her boyfriend calling her.

"Hi, " She says, not knowing that Lisa standing behind her.

"Hi, honey. I miss you so much."

Her heart breaks into pieces, hearing that from her boyfriend.