Chapter 6 - The Fifth Disciple of Liu Sect

Once everyone had gathered, Kairi and her group immediately left for Willow Village. She couldn't wait to show Mei Er the gift that she had picked out for Mei Er only to remember the incident with that womanizer in white. She pulled out the hairpin and glared at it.

"If I ever meet your master again, I'm going to scratch his face off!" she thought angrily. Wei Xing noticed the pretty jade hairpin and smiled.

"Was that the hairpin that handsome suitor had bought for you?" Wei Xing asked. Kairi groaned and frowned at him.
"Shifu! He's nothing but a womanizer! I was going to return the hairpin to him but he had taken off. It didn't feel right to give it back to that salesman either so I told myself that if I ever see that womanizer again, I'm going to throw it back in his face," Kairi growled.

"But didn't the salesman said that you were quite taken with him?" Wei Xing asked. Kairi's face burned at the thought. She really was taken with him, at first. If only he didn't have the mouth of a dog. She wanted to kick herself for swooning over a guy because of his looks. She should know better, for heaven's sake, she used to be an adult!

Kairi huffed and shook her head.

"That was a moment of weakness. I swear it will never happen again. Even if he should appear right in front of me, I won't give in to him just because he looks a little bit handsome," Kairi stated. She pushed the man out of her thoughts and concentrated on her next goal. She wanted to learn how to fly on a sword.

Night had already fallen but they could just make out the gates of the Willow Village.

"We're finally back!" Kairi cried. Her first adventure out of the village wasn't as great as she thought it would be but she was glad to be back so she could continue her cultivation. As they drew nearer, they noticed that the village was in an uproar.

"The fifth disciple of Grandmaster Liu has returned," she heard someone say. All her Shishus groaned in annoyance except for Jiang Liu. He grinned from ear to ear whereas Wei Xing's eyes grew watery.

"Fifth Shidi has returned," he exclaimed. He jumped off his horse and handed it off to the guard. He quickly gave out his orders and took off in the direction of the sect building.

"Second Shishu, no one ever talks about fifth Shishu. Why is that?" Kairi asked Jiang Liu. He laughed and ruffled her hair happily.

"It's because your fifth Shishu's background is classified," he replied. She made a move to follow the rest of her shishus but her master had already given out his orders. Kairi reluctantly headed for the stable to return the horse she had borrowed. No matter how much her curiosity nagged at her, she told herself that she would be seeing this fifth shishu of hers eventually and found herself heading home. Most of the children had already gone home to bed so there were mostly adults out on the street. She walked past the only pub in the village and heard several adults talking at once. She didn't recognize them and wondered if they were travelers passing through.

"This fifth disciple of Grandmaster Liu's is very famous. I heard he is even stronger than the first disciple," someone said.

"Is he really that great? Isn't he only twenty years old? Someone that young could beat the eldest disciple, Wei Xing?" asked another.

"Well, I heard that the only reason he was able to become a disciple was because he came from a rich background," another said.

"No way! Everyone in this village was ecstatic when they heard the news. I heard from an old lady who claimed that the fifth disciple originally lived in this village until he was taken back by his real family."

She wanted to listen to more but the men quickly moved farther into the back of the pub.

Is this Fifth Shishu of hers really that great? Kairi couldn't imagine anyone being stronger than her master. At this thought, she suddenly remembered the gift. If she wanted to hear more about this great Shishu of hers, she knew just the person to ask. She quickly walked on until she saw the villa in the distance. She walked through the gates after greeting the guards and ignored the main hall. Seeing that the guards didn't tell her to head for the main hall, it seemed she wasn't needed there. Instead, she headed for Mei Er's room.