Chapter 49-The Beauty Zi Yi

"Master, you're no longer Xiao You? What are you going to do when you see Master Zhao Chen?" Xiao Huo telepathically asked. They were flying at a faster rate than her being on her sword. It was hard to hear so he had chosen to speak telepathically that it nearly made her jump out of her skin.

"It's alright. I have the cloud breaking sword now. Once he sees it, he'll know who I am," she said. They left the border of the eastern kingdom and slowly approached the west lands. Compared to the eastern land, the west lands were flat terrains. There weren't much mountain ranges and it was much warmer.

"We've been traveling for days. We'll rest at the next town," Kairi said as she peered down at the map that came with the letter. They still had a ways before they made it to the Tian Ling Sect. Since they didn't want to draw too much attention to themselves, Xiao Huo changed back into a human and they ended up traveling on foot for hours until they ended up at a large city.

There was a vast difference in cities when you compare the west and east. Similar to Qi City, the city was quite advanced. Was it due to more resources?

Everything was ran with magic. Not many people rely too much on human power. Almost every store sold power crystals. Lanterns weren't high, instead, brightly lit crystals hung every so distance away. It almost looked like lightbulbs. There weren't many horse drawn carriage. Most creatures here were demon beasts that had been tamed. Above the sky, multiple white crowned birds traveled back and forth endlessly. The city was three times bigger than the biggest city in the eastern land. Even the clothing looked more luxurious.

"The west lands looks well off. Why do they insist on invading the east?" Kairi wondered. She randomly picked a restaurant. A server stood at the front entrance and quickly stopped them.

"Ah, valued customer, I'm afraid our first floor is completely full. Would you like to access the second floor for only one gold coin? I assure you, the view on the second floor will be just as good as the first floor," the server said. She didn't understand why the view would matter but she didn't want to have to search for another restaurant. She handed him a gold coin and the two of them were led up to the second floor. They were given a table by the balcony where you can see the view on the first floor. She peered around the restaurant and noticed how elegantly designed it was. A stage was set in the middle of the first floor where customers could sit all around and enjoy the stage. The second floor was a little high up but you could still view the first floor. The third floor seemed to be blocked off. Most likely it was the living space of the people who worked there. She suddenly wondered if the restaurant she had chosen was not a restaurant but a brothel. If it was, wouldn't the server had stopped her since she was a woman?

"Master, remember you're dressed as a man?" Xiao Huo reminded her. Kairi covered her face in embarrassment. She just picked the closest building that smelled the most delicious. She hadn't expected it to be a brothel! How can a brothel look so normal?

"Master, let's look around the city after we've rested," Xiao Huo chirped as soon as they finished ordering.

Being isolated in Mystic Mountain must've driven this phoenix insane, Kairi thought but she agreed with him. She too wanted to look around. There was so much to see compared to the cities in the east and she also wanted to find out more information about this Tian Ling Sect.

She poured herself a cup of tea and noticed the lovely fragrance that steamed out from the pot.

"Even the tea here smells good," Kairi thought. She poured herself a cup and did the same for Xiao Huo. She was just starting to relax when the customers on the first floor erupted with excitement.

"It's finally starting!" she heard a man exclaimed. She looked over the balcony and in the middle of the first floor was a stage. A group of musicians started playing music and people clapped like crazy.