Chapter 51-Trapped

"You didn't send me a letter?" Kairi asked confused.
"I was captured with my family. How could I have sent you a letter? It seems you haven't gotten any smarter in these years, Tu Er. So easily caught," he chuckled.

Now that she thought about it, it was quite strange. She had assumed he had been forced to send out the letter. Was he bait for her to come here?

Kairi whipped around and saw that guards were headed towards the prison.

"Master, wait here. I'll bring Yi Rue Jie back, I promise!" Kairi said and raced back in the direction of the prison.

Guards were rushing from all sides as they attempted to fight with Xiao Huo who had returned to his original size. He was up in the sky spitting fireballs everywhere.
"Xiao Huo!" she cried telepathically. Xiao Huo's eyes darted over to her and he immediately flew in her direction. On his back, she could just make out two figures. As they were flying toward her, a giant net cascaded onto Xiao Huo's back. He went tumbling to the ground trapped in the net.

"Dammit!" Kairi thought as she whistled loudly. Her sword flew toward the net like an arrow and pierced a hole in the net. While the trio struggled to get out of the net, Kairi grabbed her sword in mid air and started attacking the disciples of Tian Ling Sect.

They came in hordes and despite them being of lower level, with an insane amount of them, Kairi was struggling to keep them at bay.

"Master!" she heard Xiao Huo cried from behind her. One quick look and she saw that Xiao Huo had transformed back into a human in order to escape from the net. He pulled Yi Rue and a younger version looking of Yi Rue out of the net. Now that they were free, there was no point in lingering any longer. Once they picked up Zhao Chen, they could escape at last.

Using the heaven's swordplay spent a lot of energy but Kairi was at her limit. She immediately burst into the first movement and the group on the right flank immediately dropped in numbers. She turned to the left flank and swung her sword again. More and more disciples fell over.

"Xiao Huo, get Yi Rue Jie out of here first! I'll follow after with Master!" Kairi ordered.
"But Master!" Xiao Huo interjected but Kairi wouldn't have it. One glare from her and he quickly changed back into phoenix form.

"Xiao You? Is that you?" she heard Yi Rue cried out.
"Yi Rue Jie! Go! I'll bring Master back alive! I promise!" Kairi called out. She jumped into the fray and killed off a dozen more disciples before turning around to see that Xiao Huo still hasn't left.

"Get out of here!" she screamed. Xiao Huo let out a wail and finally took off to the sky with Yi Rue and her daughter on his back. They didn't get far enough when they hit a barrier.

"Master! We're trapped!" Xiao Huo cried. He spat several fireballs at the transparent barrier in the sky. It rippled like water but it didn't break. Kairi suddenly wanted to laugh. All those barrier training was about to be paid off. She gathered a good amount of spiritual energy into her sword and threw it into the sky. It pierced the barrier instantly. The barrier sizzled and cracked upon impact. It shattered into a million pieces and disappeared into dust.

"Go!" she ordered. Xiao Huo didn't hesitate this time and flew off into the distance. Now that they were safe, Kairi jumped into the air to catch her sword. She swung one last time at the army behind her and jumped on her sword. She flew back to where she had left Zhao Chen but he was gone.

"Where...? Master!" she cried as she scanned her surroundings. A loud laughter erupted in the area. It was as if the laughter was enhanced by microphones and speakers.

"I wouldn't make another move if you don't want this man's head cut off," came a threatening voice. The disciples that had followed after her all got down to their knees to greet the man with the threatening voice.